cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working, the headset is stuck on tracking lost and hand controls only beep

simply_jiwoo
Level 2

I've owned this occulus quest 2 less than 2 weeks and it was working great. Now it is stuck on the "tracking lost" screen and the hand controls only beep and will not function. I have trouble shooted and even changed both batteries in the hand controls but nothing is working. I am at a loss and wonder if I have to return this whole unit or want to know how to fix this thing so I can actually use it. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand you're having a tracking issue and how frustrating that can be when your gaming! Let's work together to get this resolved! 

To begin working on this, follow the steps below:

• Charge your headset for at least 2 hours so that it is fully charged
  • Test another app/game to rule out an app specific issue
  • Cover any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces
  • Try a different play space and note if the tracking improves
  • Attempt to complete a reboot of the headset by holding down the power and volume (-) at the same time for 30 seconds to load the boot menu. Hit exit and reboot from the menu.

If you're still having the same issue, please reach out to us in a PM so we can continue assisting you! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand you're having a tracking issue and how frustrating that can be when your gaming! Let's work together to get this resolved! 

To begin working on this, follow the steps below:

• Charge your headset for at least 2 hours so that it is fully charged
  • Test another app/game to rule out an app specific issue
  • Cover any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces
  • Try a different play space and note if the tracking improves
  • Attempt to complete a reboot of the headset by holding down the power and volume (-) at the same time for 30 seconds to load the boot menu. Hit exit and reboot from the menu.

If you're still having the same issue, please reach out to us in a PM so we can continue assisting you! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Ive tried all of theese options but it still wont work and i am unsure how to Private Message

@simply_jiwoo Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

zeroxc
Level 3

here let me fill you in what they probably messaged him or her 

I just want to respectfully inform you that our engineering team is still working on this known issue and we don't want to prolong this further for you as this has been going for far too long and needs to be acted upon already. 

and we'll a month later in my case and several attempts to make me say the problem has been resolved even giving me 15 dollar credit. so yeah we are getting screwed for sure. class action lawsuit can I hear an amen!?