cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCRServiceLauncher is causing all my USB Devices to disconnect

AtomicEdge
Honored Guest
Hi everyone! 

I've been getting strange crashes on my PC (Win 10). All my USB devices were just stopping, meaning that I couldn't shut down the PC. No mouse, no keyboard, USB Drive vanishes etc.

So far this has only happened when my Rift and sensors are not connected to the PC. I move my PC downstairs when I want to VR.

I've inspected the event log, and every time I get the following from the OVRServiceLauncher:

The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

[ProcessWatcher] Unable to create ACL for redist launch event. LastError = 0x0 (0): The operation completed successfully.

[LauncherService] Unable to open regkey: 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters'. LastErr = 2(0x2 (2): The system cannot find the file specified.)

[LauncherService] Unable to launch: There is no active interactive user session.

Followed immediately by the following from Kernel-EventTracing:

Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022
As soon as this happens all my USB devices stop. Any suggestions?
49 REPLIES 49

adsyboi
Honored Guest
I am having the same issues!!

The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[ProcessWatcher] Unable to create ACL for redist launch event. LastError = 0x0 (0): The operation completed successfully.

Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

CmdrRiker
Explorer
Same issue... Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022
Plus... The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Does anyone have a fix for these?

MrZoops
Honored Guest
disable XMP.

420Disturbed
Honored Guest
Still having issues 😞

Flin_K
Honored Guest
Hello ,&nbsp;Всем привет,Вызывают Краш Виндус 10, Crashes windows 10<br>Не удается найти описание для идентификатора события 0 из источника OVRServiceLauncher. Вызывающий данное событие компонент не установлен на этом локальном компьютере или поврежден. Установите или восстановите компонент на локальном компьютере. Если событие возникло на другом компьютере, возможно, потребуется сохранить отображаемые сведения вместе с событием. К событию были добавлены следующие сведения: [LauncherService] Unable to launch: There is no active interactive user session.&nbsp;<br>
И
<br>Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022<br>
ENG ;<br>Cannot find description for event id 0 from OVRServiceLauncher source. The component causing this event is not installed on this local computer or is corrupted. Install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event occurred on another computer, you may need to save the displayed information with the event. The following information has been added to the event: [LauncherService] Unable to launch: There is no active interactive user session.<br>
And
<br>Session "ETW USB tracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022<br>
Windows 10
AMD Ryzer 7 3700
MSI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT [RX 5700 XT 8G]
 Kingston HyperX FURY Red Series [HX432C18FRK2/32] 32 GiG

zedsepic
Honored Guest
still happening

flexy123
Superstar
Old thread, but:
A "Warning" in event viewer at first is nothing to freak out over.
The 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc reg key is related to the Fresco Logic USB card.
So if you don't have that card, the registry entry obviously doesn't exist. Oculus is likely only checking for the presence of the Fresco logic card by checking this value.
So..if you don't have this card, ignore that warning in event viewer.

VictimofGLaDOS
Honored Guest
Power cuts, seems to be linked to OVRServiceLauncher. Why has support forsaken this thread? Depends on the game but I won't even be using VR and my computer will just loose power and restart. GTA5 on PC and even low load games like Gauntlet can set it off. Some power setting to peripherals? I have cv1 with 3 towers. Everything runs great except when I try to play some nonVR games, it just cuts power and shows OVRService and Kernal Power issues in event logs. 

XKELX90
Honored Guest

Still having this Issue. Since Oculus wants to ignore an inconvenient truth that their product is breaking entire systems, I'm going to look into legal action against Oculus. I shelled out $300 for a product that has rendered my system unstable. So basically, I can't use this product, and Oculus has stolen $300 from me and handed me a useless headset. 

RENNO_ROG
Honored Guest

Does anyone actually solved this? Bunch of  "I've same issue" comments. We don't want to hear your same problem we need solution!