cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.11 Users: Please Post Your Logs Here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have updated to Oculus 1.11 and are experiencing any issues, please post your logs in this thread.

You can obtain your log files as shown below:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file it creates to your post here.

Please post a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

It's also recommended to reach out to Oculus Support with the same information, so we have a record.

https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
201 REPLIES 201

WeeMan_uk
Explorer

Following the latest update my virtual height starts slowly
creeping up after about 10 mins of game play. Depending on game makes the game
unplayable.

The only way to correct is either running through the reset
sensor setup. Or shutting down my pc followed by turning the PSU supply off for
a minute. If shutdown and reset the height drift still remains.

My setup.

3 Sensors, mounted upside down on ceiling, all same height.

2 front sensors connected via USB 3.0 on inatec PCI-E card

1 rear sensor connected via USB 2.0 direct to motherboard.

I have noted in the forums others are experiencing the same
issue.

That
said, definitely a tracking improvement with new update.

Auerc0re
Honored Guest

Auerc0re said:

GetThreadcontext failed when trying to open oculus home 
 i7 6700k 
gtx1080
if i try to resetup the rift the tracking works but as soon as it tries to put a picture on the rift oculus home crashes and i get the fatal error in gc -> getThreadcontext failed message

okay thats what i got so far:
it has to be a audio codec problem i changed my codec once for voiceattack i think 
but right now i reseted all the things you can change with audio codec tweak K-lite but i still no fix 
since im not a tech pro maybe someone can help me here 

chupinsky27
Honored Guest
3 Sensors...

This has been driving me crazy for the past few days.  I've spent countless hours troubleshooting, skimming through forums, and purchasing an array of new cables.  I've even purchased the Inateck card Oculus recommends... mainly because they added the ASMedia controller to their blacklist which rendered my USB 3.0 ports useless (thanks Oculus).

Symptoms:
-major and frequent hand jumps.  This pretty much makes it unplayable.  Totally takes you out of the experience.
-hand drifting.  This was evident in 1.10 but only in the right hand and after prolonged use.
-head swaying.

I took a look into one of the log files and saw it was full of " tracker jump detected" and "Sensor TrackingChanged."

I hope these logs can help diagnose and find a solution as quickly as possible because right now I feel major buyer's remorse.  I would really like this $1000+ purchase to function like a "consumer" product that it's advertised.

Zandil
Rising Star
I have 2 front facing sensors and I get the height creep up after a few mins of play .

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
My tracking issues video. Detailed description on the video. I put green dots where the cameras are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3SuF3_ZdY&feature=youtu.be

I will send my logs directly to Oculus support as there is too much personal information in the logs to post up here.  Oculus guys you can find them on support ticket

Request #328312

I'm very hopeful they get these issues sorted as tracking is really really bad.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
So glad it's not only me having these problems...

Oculus Touch, 2-sensor setup
Win 10
i7-6700k, GTX 1080

In both 2-sensor front-facing, and 2-sensor 360 experimental (opposing corners placement), the height problem begins to occur within 10-15 mins of gameplay, regardless of the game/application, forcing me to reset sensor tracking every 30-45 mins if I want to feel like I'm not floating above the floor.

This height problem did not occur before this latest update. I do remember having height shifts every now and then, but it was much more infrequent than this bug, and seemed to be easier to fix than a full sensor reset.

Hoping they can send out a hotfix soon for this issue, definitely breaks the whole VR experience. Especially infuriating since this was not happening before the latest patch
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got the following issues since 1.11 and had none of these issues with 1.10.

This is a 3 sensor setup.

1) sensors shifting during setup
2) guardian rotating
3) slowly getting taller as I rotate to the back sensor
4) jumps, jitter, of Touch controllers as rotating.

IGameArt
Protege
I am quite upset with this latest update as it has rendered me now unable to even use my rift. I'm on a laptop with a full desktop gtx1070 hooked up to it, I have an i73610QM processor. I have been running oculus apps perfectly fine for the past few months, even at high quality settings. Now with this latest update it wont even connect to the rift, and at the top of the app instead of saying I dont meet the recommended specs, Now it says my device is completely incompatible. What are my options that dont involve me spending hundreds of dollars on a new machine?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

IGameArt said:

I am quite upset with this latest update as it has rendered me now unable to even use my rift. I'm on a laptop with a full desktop gtx1070 hooked up to it, I have an i73610QM processor. I have been running oculus apps perfectly fine for the past few months, even at high quality settings. Now with this latest update it wont even connect to the rift, and at the top of the app instead of saying I dont meet the recommended specs, Now it says my device is completely incompatible. What are my options that dont involve me spending hundreds of dollars on a new machine?!

Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:44.237 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Default] [DisplayManager] Reason: VR-compatible GPU not detected, please ensure you meet the recommended specs.
[Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:46.473 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
[Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:47.352 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
[Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:47.619 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
[Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:47.890 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.
[Service_2017-02-08_21.23.43.txt] 08/02 21:23:48.166 {!ERROR!} [Registry] Failed to open Oculus user registry key.

Actually I might advise trying to clean out your install and reinstall the software - almost seems like something on your computer might be blocking access or delete something that was important. Possible AV or registry cleaner. Recommend reinstall the software under administrator.

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Latest test after submitting a bug report (support ref #328312)
https://vid.me/EF35

Apologies for leaving the cursor in the middle of the screen.

I unplugged all USB devices that were not needed as support requested.
  • XBox One Controller Wireless Dongle
  • Logitech Steering Wheel
  • CH Pro Throttle
  • CH Fighterstick
I even had a Wifi AP near the right hand sensor which I turned off
because I know that the sensors might use 2.4Ghz signals for syncing.

As per last time I wrote the wording on the guardian walls. Then put green dots where the camera sensors are. I had a lot of trouble getting the right green dot in place as there was a lot of glitching as I approached it. I was outside of the guardian space so not overly concerned about that.

The big tracking glitch near the end of the video that I tried to write "Huh?" on with an arrow. It went all glitchy too as I drew the H and the ?

Good times!

I have sent an updated set of logs to support as well as this message.

Edit: Where the worst part is I just thought I would point out this is at waist level height not near the floor as it appears in the video.
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?