cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 2 keeps asking for device code

BattleAddict
Explorer

I am very frustrated. I keep having to enter a device code “Use this code to connect your headset” and when I do, it says it was done successfully but, starts over….and over….and over. Everything was fine before having to create a Meta profile. 

What is the deal here? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Anthoky! We see that you are having some pairing issues with your device. We definitely understand how troublesome that can be and we'd love to look into this a little further with you! Please send us a private message that way we can further assist you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! That's not an experience we want to hear for our customers. We'd love to help you.

Can you uninstall the mobile and desktop app and reinstalling them. We'd also suggest signing out of all devices and and back in. 

Please let us know if you still require assistance as we want to get you back into gaming.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have uninstalled the app from my phone a few times. I do not use a desktop app. I cannot log out of anything on the Oculus itself as it keeps asking me to enter a code to pair the headset. I need more help please. 

Very frustrating. Is this headset trash now? 

BattleAddict
Explorer

The answer to this issue is a factory reset. Anyone reading this….that is the solution. SMH. Thanks. 

I refuse to factory reset. My expectation is that this gets handled by the manufacturer. It has been a month for me now.

I have had the same problem for a month. Why hasn't this been resolved?

I totally understand. The factory reset for me wasn’t much of a hassle. I get it though. This needs to be fixed. Lots of upset people. 

Anthoky
Honored Guest

I have the same issue, but I did all the steps except for the fifth step, and I do not know where to get that from now it will not let me play my games or talk to my friends

Hey there @Anthoky! We see that you are having some pairing issues with your device. We definitely understand how troublesome that can be and we'd love to look into this a little further with you! Please send us a private message that way we can further assist you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?