cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App not connecting to Facebook

VideoFeedback
Honored Guest

Just got an Oculus Quest 2, and I can't go further the Oculus App trying to connect to Facebook.
The Oculus App sends me to Facebook... I approve the connection, allow and give permissions, but when it goes back to the Oculus App, the blue button of Facebook spins for ever.

I deleted both, Facebook and Oculus App and re-started. Nothing changed.
I give all the permissions to the apps ... nothing changed.
I try from both, my iPhone 8plus and 2020 iPad Pro ... nothing happens. 
Oculus Quest 2 download the updates, My phone connects to everything ... there is no connection issues. 

I don't know what else to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StopherHansen
Honored Guest

Mine eventually told me I had to go into settings and run an update. I did that and it hasn't asked me to sign in again, and I can update other apps now too. So far so good...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

oli206
Honored Guest

Same thing here! Just got my Oculus Quest 2 and app is not signing in using my facebook account. I got the spinning loading icon and it never goes past it

tom.davies.52493
Honored Guest

I’m having exactly the same issue. Has anyone found a solution?

bea.lasauce.3
Honored Guest

same issue in Luxembourg - waiting ...

oli206
Honored Guest

I found a workaround in another thread: Click on "Sign up" and this will allow you to go to the pairing screen directly

Great ! It's working. Thank you

StopherHansen
Honored Guest

Mine eventually told me I had to go into settings and run an update. I did that and it hasn't asked me to sign in again, and I can update other apps now too. So far so good...

o1brian
Honored Guest

Hey assholes why isn't Facebook seamless with your hardware...You own both

Caffeine88
Honored Guest

I am having same issue. It was showing my fb account in my meta account center but each time I try to send a picture or join Messenger it tells me I have to add Facebook. So I deleted my Facebook account from Meta account (and Instagram) and now when I try to add it, it tells me my fb account is restricted!  And there is an error trying to add my Instagram account again.  There are no updates on my headset. 

Howdy there, @Caffeine88! We completely understand that when you try to send an image or join Messenger, it asks you to add Facebook. And we understand how this could be concerning. So, rest assured that we'll get to the bottom of this with your help. We strongly advise you to open a support ticket so that you can schedule a call back or chat live with us to get this fixed as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!