cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App, "Restart Your PC" Issue

zombieking05220
Sightseer
So I decided to use my rift today, I hooked up everything and I was ready to hop into some VR. But I had a software update. I decided to wait for it to finish and when I saw that it wasn't getting anywhere I checked the notifications that popped up in my oculus app. One of them said that the system software download stopped and I had to repair the app. So I did repair the app and it downloaded the 5GB download, but when it went to install it stayed on installing for a  solid  5 Minutes, just to be met with an error message stating that I had to restart my PC, So I did. And I did it over and over again. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere so I checked the forums and looked at every single one and every single fix, None of them worked. That's why I made this thread.

Hopefully someone can help me soon, Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

zombieking05220
Sightseer
Bump

pileopoop
Honored Guest
I'm having same issue and I'm thinking there is an issue with the directx-june-2010.exe file. Oculus installer tries to launch it, but the file is corrupt or something so the install fails. I can't even run this file on its own. It launches the win32 cabinet self-extractor process and DXSETUP.exe process, but the processes are doing nothing.

Just a guess, not sure if its correct.

zombieking05220
Sightseer
Bump, Still need help.

zombieking05220
Sightseer
Another Bump, It's been over 2 months and I'm losing my patience.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @zombieking05220, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Oculus software for so long. Please collect your Oculus logs so we can get a better idea what might be causing your issue. Instructions on gathering the Oculus logs are available here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954/ . Once you have the logs, please create a support ticket here https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/ so we can look into this for you. Thanks! - Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!