cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home not starting with Link. Just leaves me at Quest Home

trouphaz
Honored Guest
I have been working with Oculus support with no progress so far.  I have a PC that I used to use for my Oculus Rift CV1.  The Oculus PC software detects the Quest 2, but when I select Enable Oculus Link inside the Quest, the screen flashes black for a second and takes me right back to my Quest home screen.

In working with support, I have uninstalled my Oculus Tray Tool, applied all optional updates in Windows Update, enabled the Public Test Channel for the Oculus software and rebooted to get the latest version and updated the graphics drivers for my Radeon R9 290 video card.  The Oculus software detects my headset and the cable test says it is working.

This is a 3rd party cable that I'm plugging into a USB-A 3.0 card if it matters.  I did verify the cable works on my other PC where Oculus Link is working fine.

I'm not sure if it is possible to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus Home software without having to reinstall all of the other games I've installed through that.
5 REPLIES 5

davhof
Honored Guest
Same, with a r9 390x for me

killbartman
Explorer
This is a software problem with the V25 update on the Quest 2 and the PC Oculus application. If you have updated your Quest 2 then your cable wont work until a hot fix comes out.

Pirotess
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem and in an endless loop with Oculus support, right before new year everything was working and after new year it stopped working, meaning my hardware (3rd party cable) is not the problem, can only be Oculus software. if anyone else has a solution pls feel free to share.

killbartman
Explorer

Pirotess said:

I'm having the same problem and in an endless loop with Oculus support, right before new year everything was working and after new year it stopped working, meaning my hardware (3rd party cable) is not the problem, can only be Oculus software. if anyone else has a solution pls feel free to share.

It was the V25 update on your quest 2 that broke it. I have also talked to support and the guy know as Alexander has also concluded its a software issue. He will contact me in 2 - 4 days with a update on what's going on as a lot of complaints have come in about this.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Sorry to say the first two posters may be out of luck. Link takes a bit more resources than the CV1. The AMD 200 and 300 series are not supported. https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/ 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.