cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home tells me to point sensor backwards, still can't use Touch @_@

Blyss4226
Rising Star
Very frustrated. So very frustrated. I finally got past this mess here https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/46069/oculus-home-crashes-during-pairing-touch ;after fiddling for two days. But now I'm stuck again. I'm stuck on the point where you set up your sensors. No matter how I point them it's ALWAYS wrong and 90% of the time OH suggests I turn them around backwards. Seriously. Unless this arrows are very misleading:

Of course I've actually tried following what it says but then of course it can't detect anything since the sensors are facing away from the play area. I know you guys probably get tired of bitching and moaning but I am SO tired of the endless technical issues that I've had with my Rift and now Touch that I rarely use VR at all any more. It always winds up being a multi hour troubleshooting spree for a few minutes of gameplay. I'm very tired of it.

Any suggestions would be great, and I apologize for my frustration.

Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
3 REPLIES 3

Blyss4226
Rising Star
Oh btw just in case:

Placing them horizontally apart doesn't work either. It says they are too close together(it's about 4 feet apart that way) most of the time, otherwise still complains about the angle.

Edit: They finally may have configured, it only took an hour and forty five minutes @_@
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just ignore what it tells you and click the 'next button', it's just trying to get you into the recommended front facing setup.

if you are doing 2 sensor opposing 360 set up, the instructions do say to ignore what it says on the set up 🙂 Link to doc

I have mine high up and pointing down but they are close together since I'm in a very small space at the moment, I get the error but the tracking works better than if I use the recommend setup! 🙂

Blyss4226
Rising Star
Oh my Goddess as much of a pain as that was it was so worth it. Touch is great. Also, you can ignore this thread and my frustration now.