cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Left Earphone Stopped Working.

auggiemc
Honored Guest
Hello, I was once using the oculus rift one day when suddenly the left audio stopped working, I had to adjust it, then I had to push it up to my ear, only for it to work for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, then the next day I had the same problem, except worse, I unplugged the headset (not from my computer, I unplugged the plug behind the soft eye mask), and it still continued to have these problems, eventually it stopped working completely, I have to move positions only for it to work for about 1 second.
2 REPLIES 2

lensmandave
Superstar
First of all I suggest you check that it is screwed on firmly. There is a small plastic screwdriver that comes with the CV1 for the purpose. If that fails, try removing the earpiece completely and make sure the electrical contacts are clean. You can also try swapping the two earpieces over to find out if it is the actual earpiece that has failed. 
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

auggiemc
Honored Guest

First of all I suggest you check that it is screwed on firmly. There is a small plastic screwdriver that comes with the CV1 for the purpose. If that fails, try removing the earpiece completely and make sure the electrical contacts are clean. You can also try swapping the two earpieces over to find out if it is the actual earpiece that has failed. 

Well, you were right, right as I was writing my reply to this, the left earpiece snapped right off.