cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Cable Stopped Working

Citadel17
Sightseer
Hi, I'm reporting a little issue I've been having lately. I've been using a specific cable to play PC games using Oculus Link with my Quest. Specifically, I've been using the OQLink Oculus Quest Link Cable, 13 ft.

Long story short, the cable worked perfectly fine for about a month, and just a few days ago, while I was playing a PCVR title, it stopped working and hasn't worked since. Every time I try to plug it into my PC, it registers as an improper connection and recommends that I use a proper USB 3 connection, even though the cable IS compatible and has worked for over a month. Granted, I've had to use a USB 3 hub with external power to get the Link working since I guess my PC didn't have the necessary power going to its ports, and I HAVE twisted the cable a bit since I initially bought it, but this still doesn't seem right to me.

I'm quite certain that it's an issue with the cable itself because I have another cable, an Anker Powerline USB C to USB 3.0 Cable, 10 ft, that's been working as a suitable alternative since then, but I personally prefer the OQLink cable, mainly due to its length. So I'm just writing to ask if I should try to get the OQLink working again, or if I should order a new cable online.

Thanks for reading!
1 REPLY 1

gazzam
Honored Guest
ive got the anker cable that you have above and that worked for me at ver 13, then my quest went to 14 and it hasnt worked since now at ver 15. the pc recognises it ok all green lights, but i just get a black screen and no sound , ive spent so many hours trying to get it to work its silly.