cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Interface are shaking

riandriand
Explorer

Hi,

I notice after update to v39, my interface (the selector dish) and room on the link are very shaky.  (both on cable and airlink)

https://vimeo.com/713549419

As you can see the normal home is ok, the screen on the link is also fine. only the room behind and the dish selector (i'm not sure what it is called) is moving / shaking a lot.

anyone experience the same? or could anyone help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vulpvibes
Honored Guest

Hi, I have an RX 6800 XT and am also experiencing this. I found this issue to have been introduced with the AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 (the "DirectX 11 performance" driver), and persisting through the recent 22.5.2 release. Rolling back to a previous driver (in my case 22.4.1) resolves the issue. I hope @MetaQuestSupport is aware of this issue with the recent AMD drivers, and is working on a resolution.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Your link does not go anywhere.  I got a few shakes with v39 and fixed this by opting out of the oculus desktop pc app beta.  Too high bitrate can also cause this, esp. with air link.  If none of that helps I suggest you contact oculus support.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

The link is fine. The link 'home' also fine. I can play PCVR game no problem.

Only the floating selector and the 'passthrough' home is wobble/shaking.

How to opt out from beta?

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

It's happening to me too. In the beta and stable releases. Rebooting doesn't fix anything. Everything else is fine. I'm using an RX 6600 XT.

Shoot.... I also use radeon 6750xt. Do you use standard or preview driver?

Hey riandriand! we'd love to help out! Here are some steps for checking to see if you are opted into the PTC for the PC software:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Select the Beta tab.

Definitely recommend opting out if you're enrolled, as the PTC has been know to cause issue with Air Link and Link Cable. Also opting out of the headset PTC is recommended as well, steps for that will be below: 

1. From the Oculus mobile app, tap Menu in the bottom right corner, then tap Devices.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap the toggle next to Public Test Channel to try to join Quest PTC.

Checking for your an update to your Oculus drivers would also be a good idea, steps for checking your drivers will be listed below:

1. Close the Oculus app
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
  4. Open oculus-driver
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again

Hope this helps! If not, please consider submitting a support ticket through the link here: https://metaque.st/Support! Through a support ticket, we will be able to take a deeper look into what could be causing this. Thank you for your patience and understanding with this situation! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

vulpvibes
Honored Guest

Hi, I have an RX 6800 XT and am also experiencing this. I found this issue to have been introduced with the AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 (the "DirectX 11 performance" driver), and persisting through the recent 22.5.2 release. Rolling back to a previous driver (in my case 22.4.1) resolves the issue. I hope @MetaQuestSupport is aware of this issue with the recent AMD drivers, and is working on a resolution.

I already opened a support ticket regarding this. We'll see how the 'oculus(meta) specialized team' can work out on this. Maybe it will help if several people reporting this issue

Yep, same issue, also updated my driver yesterday... ugh. Could roll back, but this driver is very performant for many other things...

It's a bit troubling that his hasn't been fixed almost 2 months into this patch... 😞

I was able to kill the shaking by only going back to 22.5.1. Thanks for the tip!