cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Oculus Link) Link Keeps cutting out on my quest

FinS5642
Honored Guest
Every time i use link ill get into a game and for about ten minutes in it will start to frequently kick me out of Link on my Quest. Sometimes it will freeze in my headset but the game will continue to track my headset and run the game. But mainly it will just kick me out and i have to press enable link over and over again. Is there a fix. Any help would be amazing!
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to give us way more information for anyone to help diagnose your issues. Is it the official Link cable? If not what cable? Has it worked properly before and just started acting up recently? Did you try plugging the cable into a different usb port on your computer? Did you try a different cable? Try the charging cable that came with your quest. What are your pc specs? I had issues previously that were similar to yours and they completely went away when I used a different cable. The one that didn’t work well was usb 3.0 and the one that did work was usb 3.1, although link is supposed to support even usb 2.0 so IDK. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
@FinS5642 Maybe do a bit more research.  Google ' Oculus quest link troubleshooting ' and you will see lots of related info, for example;
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-common-problems-oculus-link-oculus-quest#:~:text=Make%20sure%...

Of course you can always start a ticket anytime with Oculus Support.  If you send them your latest logfiles they may be able to help.  https://support.oculus.com/

Good luck sorting out your problem(s) mate, cheers.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

FinS5642
Honored Guest

You need to give us way more information for anyone to help diagnose your issues. Is it the official Link cable? If not what cable? Has it worked properly before and just started acting up recently? Did you try plugging the cable into a different usb port on your computer? Did you try a different cable? Try the charging cable that came with your quest. What are your pc specs? I had issues previously that were similar to yours and they completely went away when I used a different cable. The one that didn’t work well was usb 3.0 and the one that did work was usb 3.1, although link is supposed to support even usb 2.0 so IDK. 

I use a JOTO Usb 3. Link has worked fine before. Then its started doing it a bit. And now it does it almost frequently leaving me unable to not play. And yes i've tried many ports

grimjim28
Honored Guest
Just started experiencing this exact thing, what with everyone playing the ghost game online, I decided to get back into the rift. The only coinciding thing I can think of, is I had to download some updates to the PC Oculus software, and I think the headset had updates coming as well. Before this everything , pardon the cliche, worked perfectly well.

I was never able to get the official Oculus cable to work with my USB-c ports so I had to resort to a USB 3.0 cable, which gave me a nice green checkmark and passed the cable tests. Now it won't run the cable test. That may be in my case only, but try it on your system.

marcusj010
Honored Guest

same thing is happening to me and ima using air link btw