cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link and Oculus Software are having major issues on my pc

NeuralRecord119
Honored Guest

So recently I just upgraded my PC and was trying to get Oculus Link working. It works sometimes but there are some major issues such as when I connect the headset there is no audio. As well as when it does work I try to run the demo games to test the performance and they are having a hard time launching. Sometimes they will crash and will give me a "fatal error" message. I don't think my PC is the issue here it might be the cable though I'm not sure if it is 3 or not.

PC specs:

i5 11400 

16gb of 3200 mhz ram

512 GB nvme ssd 

EVGA Gaming Black RTX 3060 

Also the USB port I'm using is a 3.2 Gen 1 USB port on the motherboard io

2 REPLIES 2

NeuralRecord119
Honored Guest

Edit: not sure if the cable is USB 3.0 or not

Hey there! We'd love to help you in getting Oculus Link to work. USB 3 is a requirement for the best performance with Link, so we highly recommend using our Oculus Link cable as it's a USB 3 type C power and data cable with 5Gbps bandwidth. We've also had good results with Anker's USB C cable. If your cable you're using is USB 3 and you're still having issues, please PM us or submit a support ticket HERE so we can further troubleshoot with you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!