cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link black screen

DogsMan010
Honored Guest

Apparently my Oculus Link isnt really working and i recently got my headset, i have tried to fix this but its impossible to do im using a 3050 for laptop i know it isnt recommended but it was the best one i could get 10gb ram, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 8 Cores (Nitro 5 Laptop) and when i try to open steam vr oculus app just starts spamming this notification

Captura.PNG

I have tried with another usb port 

Also tried resetting my pc and reinstalling oculus app

Also tried using public test channel

And restarting oculus app

6 REPLIES 6

DogsMan010
Honored Guest

Forgot to put this in) I also tried searching around the forums to fix this problem (CABLE LINK)

Hello there! We see you're having issues using the cable link. Thank you for being clear with the troubleshooting steps you've provided and sending the screenshot. Excellent! We'll be happy to guide you.

We don't have any support for NVIDIA 3050, but here's a link to make sure it's up to date.

Have you checked to see if your laptop has a USB 3.0 port? Follow the steps below to check.

1. Open the Device Manager.
2. In the "Device Manager" window, click the + (plus sign) next to Universal Serial Bus controllers. You will see a list of the USB ports installed on your computer.
    *If your USB port name contains "Universal Host", your port is version 1.1
    *If the port name contains both "Universal Host" and "Enhanced Host", your port is version 2.0
    *If the port name contains "USB 3.0", your port is version 3.0

Can you make sure the USB power settings in Windows Device Manager isn't enabled?

Open Device Manager

• Locate your USB ports
  • Right click and select Properties
  • Navigate to Power Management
  • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected

Please let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I will try this out thanks! i will inform if it works or not and also please update your site to specify that the RTX3050 isnt supported cause it says its not recommended for use it doesnt say it isnt supported

I just tried this out it didnt work it still says the same thing please make the 3050 supported cause i spent all my money on the pc and the headset and i dont even know if i can return the pc

Thanks for your response. We understand how discouraging this may feel and we hear you. 

First, have you attempted to use the cable link with Oculus apps? If so, does it behave similarly? If not, it will almost certainly be a Steam problem. If this is the case, you can seek further assistance from Steam Support.

Currently 3050 isn't recommended because we haven't completely verified it's compatibility with our software. However, there may be some users who have gotten it to work despite this. You can search the forum for anyone who can help with any suggestions.

In the meantime, keep your eye on the Oculus Link Compatibility page because we are constantly updating it.

Most sincerely.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Its just everything related to PCVR what doesnt work and thanks!