cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link frequently 'freezes'/ Disables itself

Daemon-Der-Mord
Honored Guest
To describe the situation. When loading the quest into the link, all is fine. I reach my home space and do (anything), or play a game. At what appears to be random intervals (~30sec to 5mins) the view will freeze in place. As seen on the desktop if playing SteamVR titles, the game is still running and it is the headset that appears to 'disconnect'. Issue persists with other 'rift' content. 

I have the quest. CHECK.
I have a beefy PC with 2070 super and i9 processer. CHECK.
I am using one of the recommended cables (partylink). CHECK. 
Quest is plugged into a usb 3.0 or greater port. CHECK.
I have attempted updating usb drivers. 

Is there a solution? Or is this a known problem expected to be fixed in an upcoming update?
7 REPLIES 7

Aikidom666
Explorer
Same thing for me... Only the first week it work good... 

Anakonda_San
Honored Guest
Me to, b
it was better before update the Oculus pc Software and the hand tracking.

Anakonda_San
Honored Guest
Now I have tested: energies option disabled for usb and Nvidia driver disable vsync. 
It may work, but I have to test more then 15 min tomorrow.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here. It worked the first day. after that it keeps disconnecting. Also games freeze as well.  I have similar setup as the top post. Very beefy machine. Very frustrating. 

jweck
Honored Guest
Same thing for me. I also use an ASUS Nvidia 2070 super GPU

KilgorePlumbus
Honored Guest
Ditto. I really hope an update fixes this.

barat_gabor
Explorer
This issue is still unfixed. Oculus Link is totally unusable for me... Most often it freezes after a few seconds, and the most I was able to get out of it was a few minutes (strangely this longer operation seemed to correlate with disabling the Nvidia HD Audio driver). Meanwhile on the PC screen everything seems fine, including the headset and controller tracking. Just that bloody video stream isn't coming anymore.

Dear Oculus devs, I really don't care what exception is occurring during streaming, it should just carry on transmitting the stupid stream. It doesn't seem like rocket science, given that everything else seems to work.

Edit: 

Meanwhile I received the Anker cable from Amazon, and to my shock it works PERFECTLY. I never had another freeze since I started to use that cable, even though I played for hours with Boneworks.

Previously I used a seemingly good quality USB 3.2 Gen 1 cable from a local shop, and everything was green across the board in the Oculus software.

So it seems it's entirely possible to have a cable issue despite the software telling you that the connection is fine. (But I still suspect that the data connection could be engineered to be more robust and error tolerant.)
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?