cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Move disappeared from my Apps and Store

zf_SmilingBob
Level 2

I've had my Oculus Quest 2 for about 4 days now. After 2 and half days of use, my Oculus Move app disappeared from both my list of installed Apps and the App Store.

A friend of mine who also bought an Oculus Quest 2 downloaded Oculus Move also, but his is still there. When comparing our software versions, I noticed that he was on Version 26.0.0.40.502.274926313 whereas I'm on a on Version 26.0.0.40.502.774988273.

Other than that, our device software versions are identical. I've seen posts on Reddit from other users with a similar issue, and that their Oculus Browser had also been uninstalled (although it could be reinstalled from the Store).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, could you please confirm whether or not you're on the same software version as me?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

zf_SmilingBob
Level 2

I was able to resolve this on my own by doing a factory reset on my Oculus Quest 2. For those who are unaware, this will remove all of your apps (although you can download them again) and delete all of your saved data 😐 .

Once the reset complete, I walked through the setup all over again, and when I got back to the main console, I could see Move in my list of default apps again.

I chose to pursue this option because I've only had the device for 6 days - as such, I was not worried about preserving data as there wasn't much there to preserve. Your mileage may vary.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

zf_SmilingBob
Level 2

I was able to resolve this on my own by doing a factory reset on my Oculus Quest 2. For those who are unaware, this will remove all of your apps (although you can download them again) and delete all of your saved data 😐 .

Once the reset complete, I walked through the setup all over again, and when I got back to the main console, I could see Move in my list of default apps again.

I chose to pursue this option because I've only had the device for 6 days - as such, I was not worried about preserving data as there wasn't much there to preserve. Your mileage may vary.

View solution in original post