ZAZ00K
Level 2

Computer Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950x

GPU: RTX 3070

RAM: 64GB DDR4 3200

Storage Device: Samsung 1TB SSD

Other Info:

My router is separated into both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands.

My Quest 2 is the only device that uses the 5GHz.

My PC is wired to the router with an ethernet cable and achieves ~900Mbps Download and ~28Mbps Upload.

So I got an Oculus Quest 2 right after Christmas, and have been trying to get Air Link to work correctly with my PC since then. I would prefer to use Air Link and avoid a cable... but it looks like I may be out of luck. (I tested a cable and it works fine.)

When I use Air Link; the result is either a perfectly smooth experience, or a 2fps nightmare where both the visuals and Audio cut out. The time between the lag spikes is random, and they last a random amount of time as well.

For example, after sitting on the home screen of Air Link looking at my desktop for about 20 seconds - the lag begins. Frame Rate tanks, along with the Visuals and Audio; and that lasts about 1 minute before returning to a perfectly smooth experience. Currently, it makes Air Link completely unusable.

This happens to the same severity regardless of the Bitrate, Render Resolution, or distance to my router. I've set everything to its lowest settings: Dynamic 10Mbps Bitrate, 72hz/Lowest Resolution, and stood right next to my router. It lagged to the same extent as when I had all settings set at default or maxed out...

I've watched Task Manager and nothing seems out of the ordinary for my PC, and any games that are running continue to function fine in the PC Window while the Quest 2 lags...

I'm assuming at this point it is an internet issue of some kind, but I need help isolating the problem, as the videos and other online resources haven't worked out for me so far...

0 REPLIES 0