cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Cant Reach Service

xxdaggerxx
Level 2

My Oculus was working fine then all of a sudden it doesn't work. The desktop app fails to launch.

"Cat Reach Oculus Service"

I followed all the advise on the internet, reinstall the software, deleted all the folders, restarted the services etc.

I now have a very expensive paper weight and cant play any of my steam games.

Please help, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

sben_home
Level 2

I am also having this problem.

New user, fresh install. un-installed, re-installed several times, installed OculusPatchMarch2018.exe

Keep getting "OVRServer_x64.exe (CAPI: 1.71.0) etc etc has stopped working" Error message.

When i click on "close the program" it does not close the program. i have to end task in the task manager.

I would really appreciate a solution

Thanks

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We want to make sure our community members have the best experience possible! We suggest you make sure all your graphics drivers are up to date. 

If you still get error messages afterward, please follow this link and submit a ticket. So we can check your logs for any underlying issues, or software conflicts, and get you back in the game ASAP! 

So that you can have your logs ready to go when you submit a ticket, here are the steps you need to follow: 

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop-down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.