cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Casting for multi-users

HitmanInWis
Honored Guest

So my wife and I both have oculus accounts, one for a Rift and one for a Quest 2.  We have both users logged into the Quest 2 successfully using the new multi-user feature.  However, there's a couple issues with casting.

#1 - When my wife's account (the admin) is logged into the Quest 2, we can successfully cast to the Oculus App on a phone **only if it is logged in as her account**.  Ideally we could also cast to a phone logged in as my account.  Is this possible?

#2 - When my account (non-admin) is logged into the Quest 2, it appears that casting doesn't work at all.  No devices show up at all (not even "Share with computer") when going to the Share -> Cast option in Quest 2.  Is this a purposeful limitation of multi-user on the same device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dewthedew902
Expert Protege

It looks like it is intentional because well signed into the secondary, if I try to initiate casting from my mobile with the oculus app, it states in the app “ must be signed into admin account to cast”

hopefully there will be more to come and more feature expansions because this is still just an experimental feature with the multi account

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

dewthedew902
Expert Protege

It looks like it is intentional because well signed into the secondary, if I try to initiate casting from my mobile with the oculus app, it states in the app “ must be signed into admin account to cast”

hopefully there will be more to come and more feature expansions because this is still just an experimental feature with the multi account

rachoban
Honored Guest

How do I check in the Oculus quest 2 who the administrator for the account is.

My problem is as follows:

I'm trying to cast to a Iphone 11 from my Oculus quest 2. I'm running software version 30.?? on the quest 2 and software version 14.6 on my Iphone. I also have the Oculus app on my Iphone.

Question 1: Do you have to have bluetooth running between your Iphone and be paired to you Oculus for casting to work??

Question 2: Where do you look to see if you are bluetooth paired between you Oculus and your Iphone. How do you check to see if pairing is working.

1. Yes you need to be paired, AND connected.

2, Oculus app should tell you that you are because you need it to be paired in order for it to work. Then the top-left most weird looking circle/icon is the Cast button. If you goto devices in Oculus app it will tell you if you are connected, if so, you are paired.

This is way overdue being updated/fixed.  It's no fun not being able to see what others are actually doing/playing.  We just end up sitting there bored while they play until it's the next person's turn.

Found somewhat of a solution for this.  We have two Quest 2 headsets with myself as admin on both, guest/sharing on the other.  We are able to cast BOTH headsets to different devices, (one on computer screen, 2nd on smart TV) To do this, I first cast the COMPUTER to the smart tv using it as a 2nd monitor (on Windows 10 you push the Window key and the "P" key together and walk through the steps to connect to TV, choosing the option to 'extend' your screen to the TV, just like having a dual monitor setup for gaming or office work)  Once you have successfully set your TV as a 2nd monitor, on the PC log into your facebook as the admin account for the Quests, then open the page to cast from your headset to computer (www.oculus.com/casting)  and cast your main headset to that page.  Now, open an INCOGNITO browser page, open and log into your GUEST facebook account that you used to set up the guest user on the 2nd headset, then go to the casting page in another INCOGNITO tab on that same window, and cast the 2nd, GUEST headset to that page!!  Now that you have both headsets casting to their own page, simply push one of the browser pages to the second monitor by dragging and dropping the selected browser page off the screen to the 2nd monitor!  It seems technical, but once you've accomplished it the first time, its quite easy, if a bit of a long way around.  It seems like it may work with two phones the same way, but you would have to have the Oculus app on both phones, and have the 2nd one logged into the guest account.  Have not tried this, as we have always just cast both the the computer and pushed one to our bigger TV.  Best of luck!!

SirAtomBrysicle
Honored Guest

Same problem here with the Oculus quest 2. Casting should be possible for any account. My girlfriend has primary account and I made a secondary account. She can cast and I can enjoy while she plays but when I play the lack of casting completely excludes her. This really needs to be added for any account on the Oculus quest 2.

I totally agree, nothing ever works as well or as easily as the instructions say. I really wish they would have thought some of these things out, we spend more time being frustrated trying figure out things than actually using the headsets. 

This is not "solved" this is just explaining that, yes indeed you cannot cast from additional accounts logged in on the Quest 2.

Found somewhat of a solution for this.  We have two Quest 2 headsets with myself as admin on both, guest/sharing on the other.  We are able to cast BOTH headsets to different devices, (one on computer screen, 2nd on smart TV) To do this, I first cast the COMPUTER to the smart tv using it as a 2nd monitor (on Windows 10 you push the Window key and the "P" key together and walk through the steps to connect to TV, choosing the option to 'extend' your screen to the TV, just like having a dual monitor setup for gaming or office work)  Once you have successfully set your TV as a 2nd monitor, on the PC log into your facebook as the admin account for the Quests, then open the page to cast from your headset to computer (www.oculus.com/casting)  and cast your main headset to that page.  Now, open an INCOGNITO browser page, open and log into your GUEST facebook account that you used to set up the guest user on the 2nd headset, then go to the casting page in another INCOGNITO tab on that same window, and cast the 2nd, GUEST headset to that page!!  Now that you have both headsets casting to their own page, simply push one of the browser pages to the second monitor by dragging and dropping the selected browser page off the screen to the 2nd monitor!  It seems technical, but once you've accomplished it the first time, its quite easy, if a bit of a long way around.  It seems like it may work with two phones the same way, but you would have to have the Oculus app on both phones, and have the 2nd one logged into the guest account.  Have not tried this, as we have always just cast both the the computer and pushed one to our bigger TV.  Best of luck!!