cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Left Controller Pulling Back

BigJake612
Honored Guest

I was playing Blade & Sorcery using a Link Cable when I noticed I suddenly couldn't move forward using the left analog stick. I could move in every direction normally except for when I pushed the analog stick forward in which I would stand in place or move backward. Using SteamVR Home's simulated hand movements, I could see that anytime I pushed the analog stick forward, the controller would recognize it as being pulled back. I've unpaired and paired my controller, swapped link cables, and even tested it on several other applications but I just have no idea if it's just controller drift or if my controller is broken.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @BigJake612! We know how discouraging controller issues can be, since they're a big part of the experience. We'd love to help out!

In order to gain some further insight, could you please answer the following:

• When was this first noticed?
  • Has the controller ever been mishandled? (Dropped, tossed, spilled liquid, etc.)
  • To confirm, it happens on several different apps?

Along with this, could you test out the below:

• Remove the battery for roughly 20 minutes then replace with new or known working ones.
  • Adjust the controller joystick deadzone calibration within the controller settings.

Let us know how those work out for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @BigJake612! Just checking in to see if the previous steps seemed to help out. If not, feel free to reach back out anytime for further options!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Lucasnod
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problem, did you found a simple fix?