cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Store showing Yen for my currency not USD

VRMaddox
Honored Guest

My Quest 2 that I just received is showing everything under the store in Yen for currency. I live in the U.S. and am not using a VPN of any kind to make it think my connection is anywhere else. I used an online IP tracker just to make sure and it shows U.S. 

I did a support chat, that got me nowhere and then they sent it to an email support in which I was told they don't have the tools to set my region correctly. The only advice they offered was for me to use a VPN and set it to US and restart my device and see if it sticks, I tried a VPN and changed it and it shows up in USD, but as soon as I turn off the VPN it is right back to YEN again. I have no desire to keep a VPN running on my network just so that their device will work as it should without the VPN.

The strangest part of it to me is, with the store displaying Yen as all pricing and even some Japanese as writing in places, I tried to make a purchase and it went through just fine. So I am happy that I can still purchase games I desire, but would like to have the store just show me the correct currency and language in some places so i don't have to figure out what I am paying for something for 5 minutes before I make a purchase. Does anyone have any ideas possibly? Thank you in advance to anyone who tries lol.

5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP

@VRMaddox wrote:

My Quest 2 that I just received is showing everything under the store in Yen for currency. I live in the U.S. and am not using a VPN of any kind to make it think my connection is anywhere else. I used an online IP tracker just to make sure and it shows U.S. 

Interestingly, the IP address you accessed the forum from is showing up as German.

Try going to https://secure.oculus.com/my/profile

What does it list under the Account Locale section? If it's not "English (US)" then try changing it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

VRMaddox
Honored Guest

Thank you for responding. That is very strange and I don't understand why it would be showing up as German. I checked my profile and it is set to "English (US)". I am not sure what is happening but hopefully I will figure it out eventually, lol.

Dr_Bussdown
Honored Guest

yeah im having the same problem and i cant even buy games, i guess let me know when you figure out how to fix it 

ImXL
Protege

Same problem here. Started recently.

Just chatted with support and they have no solution yet.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?