cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 - Stuck on Link Black loading screen 3 dots

ITZZHIRO
Honored Guest
Spoiler
Hey guys so recently I had a problem where when I tried to launch link through my quest 2 with a usb c cable it would get stuck on a black loading screen and take me back to the quest 2 menu, what I found out through Reddit and discord is that quiet a few people have had this issue and no success in resolving it.

I managed to resolve it myself today with these steps and I hope it can help you out to if you have the same issue.

•Go to device manager 

• Find your gpu on device manager and right click it 

• click the option called “ update driver” on your gpu 

• let it automatically search for a new driver ( do not use GeForce experience or look through your files for drivers!!!)

• once a driver has been successfully found and downloaded, reset your pc quickly and power off your quest 2

• turn your pc and quest 2 on again, try to launch link and this time it should work 

hope this helps you guys. I had many attempts from oculus team trying to help me but I never thought to just update the drivers the fix could really be this simple.
7 REPLIES 7

Tigeraxxx
Honored Guest

Can confirm this is the only thing that fixed this for me. 

I am not sure if this caused an issue but I recently used a batch file to change my resolution on pc for some work I was doing. ..and i don't know maybe it knocked some other settings off. 

Reinstalling the driver automatically from device manager sorted it.

yhhghhfgjf
Honored Guest

it says that the best driver is already installed though 😕

Hey there yhhghhfgjf! Troubleshooting can be a multistep process sometimes, and we'd be delighted to guide you along your repair journey! Even if your computer is informing you that the latest drivers are installed, there could be an underlying issue causing your display to malfunction. Please contact our Support team with your Oculus logs for further assistance, and one of our incredible agents will use the resources available to them to provide you with further insight regarding your situation! 

Follow the link above to our support page, select your device and the issue you've observed, and multiple support articles will be provided to you. You can then select the button that says "This does not solve my issue" and contact us via email with your logs. To gather your logs, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Disabling the integrated graphics display adapter since I already have gtx 1660ti from the device manager solved it for me.

Neuffexx
Honored Guest

This worked, Thank you very much.
GeForce was indeed not helpful at all in this instance.

BraydenXeraph
Honored Guest

I did every ways I got from youtube and here it still doesn't work for me every time I open oculus link i get infinite 3 dots and get a notification said "oculus is not working correctly" which I don't have any general device problem

Hey there! We understand how this can hinder your gameplay. No worries we're happy to help! For your Quest 2 issue, we ask that you try these troubleshooting steps to see if this resolves your issue. As a last resort, we ask you to do a factory rest on your device, before doing so please make you enable your Oculus Cloud backup. If neither the troubleshooting steps nor the factory rest works please reach out to our customer support page to see if we can get you a replacement. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!