cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never hit maximum FPS with link cable.

Gifted83
Protege

I decided to give windows 11 a go and everything on my PC is working flawlessly apart from one big one... Oculus Link performance. Before I go back to windows 10 I wonder if anyone has figured this out already.

Oculus software works fine and the Quest 2 link connects, but it can never hit the required fps settings no matter what they are. So if I have link set to 90hz, then in game it will be about 82-85fps and stuttering, it never hits 90fps even though the game says its locked at 90 on my monitors no problem, and I have loads of headroom in performance monitor (I have a 5900x and RTX 3090!) - If i use the 120hz option then i will get about 105fps but never 120. Even if i choose 72hz ill get about 65fps. super annoying.

I went onto the beta channel on the software and got the latest updates but still no luck.

I dont mind going back to windows 10 and i get windows 11 might not be ready yet, but literally EVERYTHING else on my pc works fine, only the vr performance, so its a shame. Any ideas of things to try before I reinstall windows 10?

453 REPLIES 453

And nobody buy it for PCVR

CactusCowboy
Adventurer

Bump

CactusCowboy
Adventurer

Just received PC Version 37.0.0.79.109 (PTC). Before anyone gets excited: Nope it does not solve the issue. 0/10 can't comprehend.

Edit: Rig is: Rzn 5 5600X, 32GB, RTX 3080

CactusCowboy_0-1640032625991.png

What is the game name?

Pavlov, but that doesn't really matter. It happens on every VR game.

Mike12306
Adventurer

bump

FrobtheBuilder
Honored Guest

It is truly astounding that this hasn't been fixed. It's been almost half a year now and oculus link is still basically unusable for anybody running Windows 11 unless you know the secret workaround. I don't understand how this isn't a massive PR disaster with news articles everywhere. Do people just not notice that their games are rendering at half vsync? Can they not tell? Oculus link is like half the value proposition of these headsets for a lot of customers and it's just broken for everyone on the latest version of Windows. It's not a big problem for me anymore since I managed to find the console workaround after figuring out the correct term to google, but even that isn't easy!

It is very curious.

I was getting ready to return the Quest 2 headset as I was unable to play anything at all on it through Oculus Link and the whole reason I had got it was to replace my original developer model Rift which I absolutely love. I tried so many different solutions and THIS is the only thing that worked for me. I was dropping almost 10 Compositor Frames every second to the point where even navigating the Oculus Home Menu was unbearable, let alone playing anything. Enabling the console in ODT made the issue stop completely. I went from not being able to do anything at all over Oculus Link to having 92% Performance Headroom while running at 120Hz without a single frame dropping in Beat Saber. My hat is off to you sir for this solution, and I hope that Oculus fixes this issue right away because it's completely unacceptable that this is still a problem.

It's quite obvious what their priorities are. They replied to me saying the typical "we're working on it" nonsense and then suggested that I couldn't wait to jump back into their quest 2 exclusive game that has nothing to do with pcvr. (Check a few pages back)

They're too focused on developing their metaverse, quest 2 exclusives, and the new upcoming headset. PCVR seems to take the bottom of the list. 

That being said, I actually don't mind running the console window trick. It works absolutely fine but sometimes there are games that refuse to go into windowed mode. For these games, it just doesn't work. I'm getting stuttering all over the place on stormlands because I can't show the console window. 

arcovk
Explorer

Ok, thats it, i'm waiting for my birthday (27 march), if there is no update i sell this crap and go to buy another TRUE PCVR headset!