cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never hit maximum FPS with link cable.

Gifted83
Protege

I decided to give windows 11 a go and everything on my PC is working flawlessly apart from one big one... Oculus Link performance. Before I go back to windows 10 I wonder if anyone has figured this out already.

Oculus software works fine and the Quest 2 link connects, but it can never hit the required fps settings no matter what they are. So if I have link set to 90hz, then in game it will be about 82-85fps and stuttering, it never hits 90fps even though the game says its locked at 90 on my monitors no problem, and I have loads of headroom in performance monitor (I have a 5900x and RTX 3090!) - If i use the 120hz option then i will get about 105fps but never 120. Even if i choose 72hz ill get about 65fps. super annoying.

I went onto the beta channel on the software and got the latest updates but still no luck.

I dont mind going back to windows 10 and i get windows 11 might not be ready yet, but literally EVERYTHING else on my pc works fine, only the vr performance, so its a shame. Any ideas of things to try before I reinstall windows 10?

453 REPLIES 453

Mike12306
Adventurer

Has anyone seen an improvement with the latest windows update? It seems to be running better for me. There were a few instances when my games went fullscreen and the console window wasn't showing and the game played smoothly. That's the only thing besides my ram(just upgraded to 32gb) that just changed on my system.

Still testing. 

Can't say as I haven't tested in the past few days. Though I will say that I have had the issue disappear right after updating a couple of times, and then it comes right back after a couple of reboots. So I guess what I'm saying is don't get your hopes up too much. But, if that is the case then we should find out shortly.

Mike12306
Adventurer

Yup. Issue remains.

Yep, and I'm on the PTC and everything. This is actually ridiculous.

Hey there papuSpartan, we always want to make sure players can play the games they want. We'll do our absolute best to you back into the game again and get your Oculus experience up to 100%! Before we go any further, we want to preface this by saying in its current state, Windows 11 isn't supported just yet. We don't have a timeframe to give on when it will be, but we're hard at work making sure the Oculus experience is ready to take the leap into the Windows 11 environment. Now that we've covered that, we've outlined some troubleshooting steps you could try to ease any potential link issues.

Are there any updates to Windows/GPU/USB?

Sometimes there may be outdated drivers or pending updates that could interfere with the Link and its performance. I've included a guide on how to check for updates to your drivers here! The article is titled for Rift/Rift S but applies to Quest/Quest 2 as well.

For Windows, there's an article on how to check for updates here!

If updates are found for either, make sure you restart your PC once they are complete, then try to use Link again.

Game Mode may conflict with some VR applications.

In Windows 10, there is a feature called "Game Mode". Game Mode appears to reduce or eliminate background processes and focuses performance on the active game. This could interfere with the Oculus software, as it needs multiple processes running simultaneously to function properly. Try disabling Game Mode, then attempt using Link again.

• Open the Windows Settings menu
  • Click on Gaming
  • Click Game Mode
  • Toggle Game Mode off

Submit a Support Ticket.

Collect Oculus Diagnostic Logs and submit them in a support ticket here so that we may look over them and confirm any conflicting software, PC/System updates and inconsistencies.

If you have any questions, we'd be happy to help! Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

papuSpartan
Protege

Game Mode has in fact turned itself back on. I can only assume that windows for some reason resets and re-enables it when you update 10/10 ign. About to see if it actually makes any difference though.

Please stop embarrassing yourselves posting generic replies. If you ever care to read what we are complaining you should know by now that this is an issue with your software/drivers, not the rest of the system.   Fix it already!

papuSpartan
Protege

Yea no, I can still encoder backup errors spewing out looking through my quest's nosehole.

Hey there papuSpartan, we appreciate your prompt response! As previously stated, Windows 11 isn't supported just yet and we definitely understand this can set you back as you wait for the necessary support. Luckily, you have the option to revert back to windows 10 if it hasn't been more than 10 days since you installed Windows 11 and you took advantage of that free upgrade. You can achieve this by going into Settings > System > Recovery and choose “Go Back.” This will revert your computer to the Windows 10 version you had before installing Windows 11. If you revert to Windows 10, we recommend holding off on upgrading to Windows 11 until programs you frequently use support the new version of Windows.

If this isn't an option, we highly recommend collecting your Oculus Diagnostic Logs and submitting them in a support ticket here so that we can make sure there isn't any conflicting software, PC/System updates or software inconsistencies.

If you have any questions, we'd be happy to help! Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

papuSpartan
Protege

actualtrash.png

Idk what to say at this point. Hope I saved you guys the trouble of doing what was going to obviously be a waste of time.