cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 - games won't install

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to open a support ticket and got a 403 - which is concerning at best. ... 

I've purchased several games.  Some installed fine, others "download" but don't install and when you try to install, they start downloading again. I've restarted everything and have plenty of available space.  What do I need to do to get my games installed?
22 REPLIES 22

stant0s
Honored Guest
Same issue here. Smaller games install but seems as if when device sleeps it disconnects from WiFi and Download cancels. I really don't want to sit with the headset on whilst I download something. Its an expensive paper weight as it stands. I'm also miffed that I can install my normal oculus games from my rift on my quest 2 without having to rebuy. Regretting the whole purchase if I'm honest. 

PITTCANNA
Visionary
you have to let the game and install at its own pace, also i have found just to let them do it naturally in the background.  Make sure you have a decent wifi, 

visionator
Explorer
I've had the exact same issue for days! So glad to see others are experiencing it too! Red Matter, The Under Presents are among the games that will download to just about the end and then nothing. The white bar goes white and the thumbnail says "not installed". I am at the point of just saying forget it and just playing them on my quest 1 as I was before getting the quest 2. Support emailed me back but I have not heard a second response yet a day later. What the hell do we do? 

visionator
Explorer
Is there a legitimate answer from oculus to this issue? As of to tonight I still cannot successfully complete a download and install of those games. Paid for months ago on quest 1 and downloaded and installed flawlessly then on an older model. I would love to experience the upgraded version of Red Matter. But this darn thing will not let me do it!

visionator
Explorer
I think I found the solution. I went into settings and set the auto sleep mode to "4 hours". This doesn't allow the headset to sleep for a while. Red Matter finished downloading and installed. Wow. As stated above, it must have something to do with the sleep mode interrupting the download process.

Going to try other games now. Good luck to all!

lensmandave
Superstar

I think I found the solution. I went into settings and set the auto sleep mode to "4 hours". This doesn't allow the headset to sleep for a while. Red Matter finished downloading and installed. Wow. As stated above, it must have something to do with the sleep mode interrupting the download process.

Going to try other games now. Good luck to all!

Nice find..was having the same problem. Cheers 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

visionator
Explorer
Alas, not to be. I thought changing the sleep mode was the answer. But today, with it still changed, more games over 1gb will not install properly. So that's not the cause or solution. 
Forums are filling up today though I see with more and more users with this problem. 

Wake up Oculus!

FlossiMae
Honored Guest
I'm currently having the same problem that you all were having months ago. I've changed the sleep function to 4hrs and the game still won't install. I suppose I'll have to request a refund for this game as well. Next step is to contact Oculus AGAIN to figure out what the problem is. 

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
What if you lay the quest 2 upside down and place the strap over the sensor to 'activate' the headset?
Should stay alive long enough to download/install?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo