cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 guardian floor bug.

echo.sonic.x
Expert Protege
Floor level in games with the oculus quest 2 is NOT correct and makes a huge problem in all games. I find I am about 10cm off from my real height (to tall) and makes gameplay not work in most games correctly. Beat saber notes appear too low and you have to eyeball both a floor offset and manually set your height to fix the notes. It doesn't feel 100% right and you can't judge proper height or depth due to the platform not having texture for you to perceive depth. 

In 11 table tennis you can set the floor within the game (same as you do with the guardian) and it visually shows the difference between floor height and real height.

A lot of users are having this issue and setting controller on the ground does not behave as expected when setting guardian. It's hard to tell that it's wrong until you play games and many are probably not sensitive to the issue. 

Is this due to the new cameras having a different focal length and this just needs a calibration?
103 REPLIES 103

So basically what you are saying is to turn off space sense as an experimental feature? Wouldnt hurt not having this as an experimental feature or having it off by default since the algorhitm is still very much faulty. 

artittee
Honored Guest

I have the same problem where to report ? I have report in the quest report 2 times already

Do you happen to have a workaround for that? I have an experience which I'm demoing in-editor because Quest hand tracking + Quest Link is the best option I have for mixed reality and hand tracking. Unfortunately I'm struggling to find a way to both maintain a consistent tracking origin and disable the guardian. The experience is high altitude and seeing the guardian really detracts from the experience. Spatial anchors seem to only work on device and with guardian enabled. A consistent tracking space is necessary for me because I have physical control panels in my room that are mirrored in VR.

I have no workaround metameta.  I gave up on the matter and just play with the incorrect guardian height.

Thanks. I did come up with a solution for my specific use case. Since the mixed reality experience I'm developing uses hands, I can mount a touch controller to the fixed physical device (in my case a tracked exercise bike) and activate that temporarily to adjust TrackingSpace offset to my scene. Then wait for it to recognize hands again. Just posting in case this niche solution helps some other developer.

I have the solution, change your tracking frequency to 60Hz

It works for me!

Thanks for the tip! Appreciated

TheGingerPotato
Honored Guest

I know this post was made 2 years ago, but my oculus quest 2 is having this same problem, but I don't know how to fix I have tried a lot of things,

Is it ok if anyone can give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Hello GingerPotato, I did a number of things. In the end, I don't know which one resolved the issue. I cleaned the sensor lenses, I deleted the guardian history, downloaded the latest firmware, made sure I am in a brightly lit room, change controller batteries. Hope this helps.

euggersh
Honored Guest

I work around this problem by resetting the floor every time I put the headset on.  It's important to actually do a reset rather than just touching the floor, because when the problem occurs, the "floor" is lower than your actual floor so touching it won't reset it.