cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 using link cable and Integrated GPU

leafz3n
Level 2

Hi all, 

Apologies if this is already talked about but I looked around and couldn't find the specific questions answered so here it goes:

I have Oculus Quest 2 wiith Oculus link cable using a USB 3.0 type C to A adapter into my laptop. Laptop is a Surface Pro 6 (definitely not a gaming PC) with integrated graphics (Intel UHD Graphics 620). Computer has 8 GB of RAM and a Intel Core i5-8250.

I read on the oculus site that link cable requires a "VR PC with dedicated GPU". Does this mean that it wont work (even with poor performance) at all using a link cable? When I attempt to connect the headset in the Oculus PC software, it just hangs up on the "Connect your headset" page... 

Is this a completely futile attempt to run link and Steam VR using this computer?

My only goal is run be able to run Google Earth VR. I have been wanting to do this forever and was not able to figure it out on my Oculus 1. 

Are there alternative options using my current setup to get Google Earth VR working on my headset? (virtual desktop)

Thank you all for your help!

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, thank you for bringing this to the community! We understand how frustrating it is when you are looking forward to experiencing something and things aren't working out smoothly. Oculus link issues can be caused by multiple reasons. Here is an article that you can refer to and see if your laptop is compatible to support Oculus link. If it is please open a support ticket here so that we can look into this further for you.