cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Mixed Reality Display Issues

IamKrampus
Honored Guest

Hello Peoples,

Think I'm down to my last few community resources. I've been to the OBS Project Forums, the OBS Reddit and Discord support server. Nothing. Maybe the Oculus equation is intimidating would-be responders, so here I am.

What I'm trying to do is create a mixed reality environment. Tools of the trade as follows:

• Oculus Quest 2
  • Oculus Mixed Reality Capture PC software
  • Oculus Mixed Reality Camera Calibration Tool
  • VR-friendly laptop
  • HD laptop camera
  • OBS program
  • Green Screen and Lighting

On and off, I've suspected that my basic web cam is the culprit, buy the guy I talked to said that it should actually make the process more straightforward, so I'm hopeful that is the case. He also told me he'd show me how to do all this for 170 American dollars, but I feel like I'm close to nailing it on my own.

So, I've reached the point where I can finally see myself imposed into the video game display running on Quest, from the laptop camera view in OBS. The problem is that the game display is distorted and stretched to hell. I can try to grab a screenshot if necessary. So far I've tried tinkering around with the OBS video settings for base canvas and output resolution as well as transforming both sources to Fit to screen, but nothing has addressed the distortion/size issue.

I was wondering if, perhaps, someone here could point me in the right direction and help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your time.

0 REPLIES 0