cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Remote Desktop not connecting for Horizons Workrooms

Stellarat
Protege

I have got Horizons Workspace working fine on my Quest 2.

And I also managed to get the Oculus Remote Desktop to work on my laptop so that I can see it's screen at my virtual desk.

However, I cannot do the same for my actual desk PC. Oculus Remote Desktop runs and logs in just fine, but it does not find the headset and the headset does not find it.

All the devices on are on the same network. My desk PC is high spec and has been working with Air Link just fine.

I also made sure that Air Link and (the third party) Virtual Desktop were not running so as not to confuse things.

Any ideas?

148 REPLIES 148

Very interesting! What notes from Oculus are those, and where can I find them?

Not really a secret, but you have to actually click through a few items. Probably you have seen this page before: https://support.oculus.com/workrooms/ One of the dropdowns on it (Use your computer in VR in Horizon Workrooms) said this:

GPU support on Windows

It's common for gaming computers to have a hybrid GPU setup. However, Oculus Remote Desktop can only run on your computer’s integrated GPU. You can adjust which GPU is used for Oculus Remote Desktop in your Windows settings.

Keep in mind, some GPUs have their own control panel application that overrides Windows settings (for example Nvidia). If your GPU has a control panel, be sure to enable integrated GPU support for Oculus Remote Desktop from the control panel application.

Thanks, @Caldwyn ! I hadn't seen that, that's very helpful information.

Splashpage
Protege

It seems like only working with the integrated GPU is a big problem, because there does not appear to be any way to make my machine use the integrated GPU. And in fact I think that's pretty common with desktop computers.

I wonder if many of the other people posting here may have not noticed this either.

It does seem to be very specific as to what GPUs may or may not work.

I'm not sure that information was on that page when this thread was started. Also there have been posts from Oculus on the thread, but unless I missed something they never mentioned this limitation.

You do have a point - there is no telling when they posted it.

Caldwyn
Explorer

I bet they don't want to advertise that fact either, just make it a posting on a help site that is not incredibly obvious.

Great spot @Caldwyn ! I am amazed no one from Meta/Facebook/Oculus has bothered to point this out to us! @Ryanality , any comments on this?

It does explain why it seems to work on laptops, but this seems extraordinarily limiting! The text doesn't even explain how to make the change. I don't even seem to have the integrated one connected to any ports and it doesn't show up in Device Manager.