cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Remote Desktop not connecting for Horizons Workrooms

skivan
Honored Guest

I have installed the Oculus Remote Desktop app on my MacBook Pro M1 14'' Laptop.

I can see my headset and it gets a green dot on it and says that it is connected.

In the oculus app it finds the laptop and tries to start up and shows a black screen. After a couple of seconds I recieve a message that it was not possible to connect.

I have tried to re-install, re-boot etc but no luck.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Horizon Workrooms is a powerful tool, so we definitely want to help get you into it without that black screen! Do you know what version your headset is currently on? You can also check for updates by going to Settings > About > Update Software!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for your reply. The headset version is 22310100587300000.

I have searched for updates and there were none.

I am having the same issue

Hello everyone! With the new MacBooks with the M1 chip, the Oculus Remote Desktop app required a new update to implement the M1 chips specs. You can download the latest version of Oculus Remote Desktop by clicking on the macOS button through the hyperlinked article! We hope this helps! If not, please don't hesitate to reach back out and we can try looking into this deeper! At anytime, you can send us a private message here on the Community Forums to get one-on-one assistance and troubleshooting with our friendly Community Support agents! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I'll send a private message too, but for the benefit of others, this doesn't work for me. 

This did not fully solve the issue. Now I will first get a big black box in VR (like it is about to load the screen in it) but then it closes and display a message that it was not possible to load.