cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Remote Desktop not connecting for Horizons Workrooms

Stellarat
Protege

I have got Horizons Workspace working fine on my Quest 2.

And I also managed to get the Oculus Remote Desktop to work on my laptop so that I can see it's screen at my virtual desk.

However, I cannot do the same for my actual desk PC. Oculus Remote Desktop runs and logs in just fine, but it does not find the headset and the headset does not find it.

All the devices on are on the same network. My desk PC is high spec and has been working with Air Link just fine.

I also made sure that Air Link and (the third party) Virtual Desktop were not running so as not to confuse things.

Any ideas?

148 REPLIES 148

Super_Tiger_00
Honored Guest

I can't connect it to my laptop and I don't have any other devices that can run remote desktop. So I will be waiting until it's fixed.

Something I had to do to fix my issues with the desktop client to finally work on my Mac, was to create a new user. For some reason, my original user wasn’t allowing for the connections to work.  

So when will this be fixed as i am having the same issue connecting my Q2 to my Win10 Laptop so i can try out Hrzn Workrooms??  OR should i use Immersed instead which works on my laptop.?

I have this problem now. Was a solution found?

Yes — or at least for me. I didn't see any specific announcement or any special update for this bug. However, I essentially stopped attempting to use it until a couple weeks leading up to the meta quest pro announcement. Worked flawlessly since then for me on my quest 2.

huangwei.2023
Honored Guest

2023 did the question be solved ?

For Mac OS yes. 
I don’t use a PC so I can’t confirm if it’s solid on that platform, but from the Facebook community I’m in, it looks like it is. 

RobH-Oculus
Honored Guest

I have a laptop running windows 10 and have not been able to connect it to the headset while running Workrooms. I read the forum messages and do not seem to be able to troubleshoot as I do not know how to unpair/pair the headset from the workrooms application. If anybody is able to give some clear step by step instructions on how to unpair the device for the workrooms account that would be helpful. I might then be able to further troubleshoot the connection from my own laptop

JR.G
Explorer

Quest seams to just ignore everyone asking the question , i have the same issue the i can't connrect my headset with the PC using workrooms, however it work no probem with immerse.