cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 Black screen

poppie.fairman
Level 2

I recently purchased an Oculus Rift CV1, and as I came to the end of setting it up (the part where we have to finish off using the headset and the controls) I was met with a black screen and no audio. I am unable to finish setting it up due to this problem. I noticed that when the headset was off of my head, there was a small orange light, yet when I covered the sensor next to it, the orange light was turned off.

I’m very disappointed as I was looking forward to using it. I ran the SteamVR performance test to make sure my laptop was compatible and was able to run the software, and the results said I was able to but I wouldn’t be able to run things in high quality. 

I would really appreciate some help with this, as I have tried the steps on the official Oculus website for this headset and was yet again greeted with the black screen. I am currently trying the simple method of uninstall and reinstalling in hopes that this will fix it. Everything is up to date system wise also. 

My laptop information is :

Nitro AN515-52

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor 

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello @poppie.fairman , could you please open a support ticket with us here and include the log files from your system. Thanks!