cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 display tilted to the left

tobico
Level 0
Just got my brand new Oculus Rift CV1, and everything I see is always tilted significantly to the left (counterclockwise) of where it should be. This is super noticeable with the warning screen, the horizon, and any menus and UI elements that should be level with the ground.

I've seen a few posts about other people experiencing this issue, and heard that some people were given access to a special calibration tool that was able to fix the problem. I've contacted support but so far they haven't been able to help, just asked a bunch of questions and got me to update my graphics drivers. Haven't heard from them in a while so I assume they're either out of ideas or taking a long weekend. It's frustrating because this is clearly something that could be fixed with software if I only had the option to manually fine-tune the gyroscope readings.

Anyone else have any recent experience with this issue, or even access to the special calibration tool?
13 REPLIES 13

LuminescentTide
Level 2
I have the same problem, have yet to see any solution posted......

sdplayer
Level 5

This is a widespread issue with the Rift and you need to ask support to email you the IMU calibration tool -  which may or may not work (partly depends on how 'flat' you are able to lay your Rift during the calibration process). 

This is a widespread issue with the Rift though It seems to me the tilt is noticeably less in my unit now that the hot/humid weather has left the UK.

almarm74
Level 3
Same problem in a 3 days left CV1 unit...  :#

How I do open a ticket to Oculus Support? All the options in customer support take me into this forum.

Having bought my CV1 in Amazon, I'm considering a return/replacement is this issue is not solved in pair of days.

Thanks.

OpticKing
Level 11

almarm74
Level 3
Thanks @OpticKing

I have downloaded the tool from here → http://www.vrheads.com/how-fix-oculus-rift-calibrations-problems , and doesn't work for me at first attempt. Tomorrow I will try again, with the HMD cooler... ¬_¬

It is unfortunate that a 700 € HMD present these kind of issues.

OpticKing
Level 11
To be honest, when compared to other HMD's throughout the years, the rift is super high fidelity and really cheap. It's not so much oculus letting these faults through, as much as it's the sheer vastness of pc configuration (hardware AND software) that is causing issues that oculus gets blamed for. Almost every issue I've seen up till now has been cause by either driver compatibility or microsoft updates.
http://www.stereo3d.com/hmd.htm

almarm74
Level 3
¿This issue is caused by driver compatibility or a Microsoft Update, OpticKing? 

OpticKing
Level 11

almarm74 said:

¿This issue is caused by driver compatibility or a Microsoft Update, OpticKing? 

I wasn't referring to this issue specifically, just a generalizing estimate of most issues I've seen. I was actually talking about your statement that a 700 € HMD would have these issues. Merely pointing out that most HMD's up until this point were much more expensive with much worse specifications.

You may have read this already, but if not perhaps it might help.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33306/tilted-view/p1

I think it is recommended that you unplug the rift and leave it unplugged for at least an hour if not more. And ANY vibrations can cause errors and mess up the calibration, so tread lightly. Good luck, and I hope you can get your issue fixed.

Chazmeister
Level 8
Yeah my first Rift did not have this problem by my second and current one does. I really ought to put a ticket in for it I suppose.