cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Cv1 Can Hear Games But Not Play

AgraFx
Honored Guest
i recently bought a oculus rift cv1 with touch controllers  from eBay. And i can play some games but when i try to play others i can hear them but the screen is black. All my specs meet recommendations besides my cpu, Also it asked me to use usb 2.0 for the sensors and my touch controllers say developer sample. So i think its my cpu or the vr i just need some advice if i need to upgrade or get a new rift.
5 REPLIES 5

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
If you aren't getting video to your Rift, it might likely be an issue with your HDMI connection. How is your Rift connected to your PC, specifically, the HDMI side? Also, just in general too (USB 3.0 or 2.0 for the Rift headset?)

A quick check on both ends of the Rift cable to make sure it is seated in the ports well would be advised.

Also, could you post your PC specifications?
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer
Is the Rift as well as your monitor plugged into your GPU? 
Hey, I have a signature. 

AgraFx
Honored Guest

Is the Rift as well as your monitor plugged into your GPU? 

no

stonkintime
Explorer
If you connect your monitor to the motherboard hdmi, then your game may default to running off your integrated graphics and rift doesn't deal with that. 

Connext rift and monitor to Gfx card. Disable internal gfx

cybereality
Grand Champion
Rift and all monitors must be plugged into the primary dedicated graphics cards (and NOT on any secondary cards or motherboard integrated ports). In addition, at least one monitor must be connected, Rift will not usually work on it's own. Rift should be directly on HDMI, your monitors can be connected with adapters. Please also list your PC specs. It's possible you may be running an unsupported configuration.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV