cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Position Completely Wrong

RAM_BN0
Honored Guest
Let me start by saying that yes I tried running a full set up, running a height set up, restarting my PC and rolling back my driver. I rearranged my room just recently for more space and ran a sensor setup. Once I got to the part to confirm my position in Rift I squeeze the trigger and my position goes into the air by about 8 extra feet. I set my height to 5'10" and the only way to fix it is by setting my height to 3'. That fixes my height problem but my second problem is my position. I am about 10 feet farther the left of where I am actually standing. I've tried re-confirming my position many times with no luck. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
place your headset in highplace when you reset sensors it will put you in normal hight after

ClarkKing
Honored Guest
Well,it seems like that a lot of people get this bug since last update,the company is working on it...just wait...

RAM_BN0
Honored Guest

Luya21 said:

place your headset in highplace when you reset sensors it will put you in normal hight after

I tried that. Didn't work. Thanks for the help though
ClarkKing said:

Well,it seems like that a lot of people get this bug since last update,the company is working on it...just wait...

Glad to know its not just me

RAM_BN0
Honored Guest
My Solution: Its the one thing I didn't try. I uninstalled the Oculus Rift client and reinstalled it. Of course it didn't put me back into a full set up again it started me back to the set up part I was at before but instead of being opt into the Beta features I was opt out. I was able to set my height normally and position correctly

DevDocX
Explorer
So a reinstall and making sure you are not in beta worked for you.  Worth a try.  I have mine working by skipping the step and then devices-->Height calibration,  but this works only once in a while from what I can see and its still a few inches off.  Not really sure why they dont have something like WMR where you can adjust it via the controller and putting your touch controls on the ground for reference.  This seems much more intuitive.

WendellHuang
Honored Guest
I have the same problem; no matter 2 sensors or 3, after setup all the sensors just rotate 90 degrees and all position are wrong. I don't have any mirrors in my place. Can't believe it haven't been fixed, it's almost 2019!