cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S Microphone not working

capitandominik
Honored Guest
My Rift S microphone is not working.But the speakers work.I tried to fix it in sound settings of windows but it just doesnt work.
Please help.
17 REPLIES 17

Suburbantrash66
Honored Guest
im having the same problem, there havent been any answers yet, people are saying go info the windows privicy settings, but that did nothing for me

Shad0w_w0lf
Honored Guest
same, it was working fine then just stopped. Got kicked from many games because I couldn't speak

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
I have this issue in Star Trek..
Not in other games or apps so far though.
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

MisterRogers
Explorer
Anyone found a fix for this besides resetting the usb connection? It'll fails again each time.

kellyking80
Honored Guest
Tried playing the forest and they said my microphone was horrible - I did a test call on skype and I couldn't hear anything I was saying even though it's turned up to 100 percent

Roger_Wilco_707
Explorer
Any progress on this issue?? Very annoying, and seeing so many people having this problem for months, and no solution. Come on Oculus!!

KenSniper
Adventurer
The fixes are all hardware apparently, they had to get theirs RMA'd, I just went with an external mic, not the solution I'd hoped for, but nothing I can do about it

Anonymous
Not applicable

KenSniper said:

The fixes are all hardware apparently, they had to get theirs RMA'd, I just went with an external mic, not the solution I'd hoped for, but nothing I can do about it

Same here, I went with a USB desktop mic as my Rift S Mic was so unreliable with constant drop outs, the Rift S mic is a piece of crap apparently , at least it was for me and obviously many others.

MPires
Heroic Explorer

dburne said:

KenSniper said:

Same here, I went with a USB desktop mic as my Rift S Mic was so unreliable with constant drop outs, the Rift S mic is a piece of crap apparently , at least it was for me and obviously many others.

I'm in the same boat :(.
Hoping this have an software solution.