cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S Please Restart Computer error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone i just bought my rift S and upon trying to install the software i have been running into some issues. The software keeps getting to the very end of the installation portion of the install and then going to the "please restart your computer" page. I have looked in the oculus setup file and see that it comes up with an error right around here: 

[Info] [1/28/2020 2:21:16 AM] Driver version from supplied version file: 1.43.0.000008
[Error] [1/28/2020 2:21:24 AM] Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code -2 (failure).
[Debug] [1/28/2020 2:21:24 AM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallDriversStep' failed.
[Warning] [1/28/2020 2:21:24 AM] Rolling back installation.
[Error] [1/28/2020 2:21:29 AM] Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code -2 (failure).
[Debug] [1/28/2020 2:21:29 AM] Uninstall 'Dawn.Setup.InstallDriversStep' failed.

I have disabled my anti virus , i am on a local admin account which i have removed my microsoft account from and have turned off controlled folder access. Windows defender has also been disabled and i am 100% certain that i have enough space in my C drive. I have even checked to make sure none of my drives are dynamic per the suggestion of one of the other forums i read into. I have attached the oculus setup file for everyone to take a peak at. Please help i don't know what else to do and i dont want to return my Rift. 

ufmh34kunpir.png
1 REPLY 1

jgklopfe
Protege
Same problem. Was this ever resolved?