cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S orange light

PoutorDorco
Honored Guest
So, I was playing assetto corsa in VR and my HMD screen went dark with the orange light turned on. After I tried putting them back on and saw oculus home for a brief second but it turned off again. I checked notifications and devices, the display port goes on and off and asks to update firmware which I did multiple times. I've replugged the wires on the HMD itself, reinstalled both oculus and GPU drivers and tried connecting to another display port. Anyone else went trough this, or have any opinions on what it might be? Any help would be appreciated!
32 REPLIES 32

PoutorDorco
Honored Guest
well nevermind, problem still here it was working without position tracking on usb 2.0

luke_harvey_54
Explorer
Sounds like the same problem I have!

Did your notifications say the display port wasn't plugged in?

PoutorDorco
Honored Guest
Exactly that, did yours just start doing it as well? Might be some new update

PoutorDorco
Honored Guest
When I plug it with USB 2.0 it doesn't show the orange light and the screen does turn on with the loading animation might end up buying a usb powered hub and see if it fixes. It's a bit weird because I've been using it for over a year with no problems just plugging it to my mobo

PoutorDorco
Honored Guest
Ok it's working now maybe my steering wheel and all the accessories were drawing too much current from the usb ports. I took them all off and only ran the Rift S, mouse and keyboard. First plugged it in the 2.0 then 3.0 and now it magically works

luke_harvey_54
Explorer
From researching on the internet, the power thing is absolute rubbish. It's a software issue that has been around for over a year that Oculus still haven't fixed. I used my headset for less than 10 hours before it has broken. Absolute joke.

pmneto
Explorer
Have the same problem here...i have tried all procedures, check all my USBs, the only way to stop the firmware update requst loop/orange light is plug the USB 2.0 first than connect in USB 3.0, but, shutdown when a set in my head. In USB 2.0 the Rift keeps ON, but don't track the movement correctly...it's so BAD ........OCULUS, please fix our issue!!!!

PeejTM
Honored Guest

as of today it seems its still not fixed there was a blip where i could play uninterrupted but as of recently it seems its starting to boot up again. i tried everything yet to no avail, however it did work for a short amount of time maybe 5 to 10 minutes than lost control again, strangely it only really happens with certain games. i have a top of the line pc with a 3060 and other various high end parts that should stop it from doing this but yet it still happens.

did you ever find a fix????