cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift black screen but audio still works

Failedmite57926
Explorer
After Fixing the oculus can't connect to service problem another one arrives where when I play games the audio comes through but the display does not show anything at all other than black my monitor shows what i'm doing so the tracking is fine but the screen does not work I unplugged my HDMI cable and re-plugged it back in same with USB but nothing changed I opened the face plate and found out that the cable inside the headset is really hot so I let it cool down and then I plug back in all of the sudden the display has light in it and audio was playing through but then it stopped I updated my drivers reinstalled oculus I did all I can so if any of you know how to fix this please tell me My oculus rift CV1 is refurbished so I don't quite know if it arrived DOA I will list pictures when needed.
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @Failedmite57926, I'm sorry to hear to hear you're having issues with your Rift. If you haven't already, please check to see if there is any damage to the connectors (bent pins, etc). Also, if you're using any kind of adapter or extensions with your headset, try connecting directly to your PC instead. If you need more help, please contact support here with your Oculus Diagnostic Logs. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Failedmite57926
Explorer
Sorry I took so long but my wires were tangled and i did not know that plus my hdmi was loose on the oculus rift i fixed it though thanks for trying to help

thekobk
Sightseer
I had this issue recently,  my cv1 was switching between usb 3 and usb 2 by itself.  I plugged my cv1 into usb 2 port and the issue is gone. I think this was caused by the quest update code breaking cv1 code.