cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift not connecting to HDMI anymore (orange light on)

Crespo80
Explorer
I've been using my rift for over a year now, and I experienced this problem some other times, but I always managed to solve it with a DVI-HDMI adapter or by switching ports.
Now I spent a few hours trying to solve it, but I couldn't. Last week it all worked well, today the Rift displayd a blank screen (the light is orange and goes away when I put my face close). After reinstalling the Oculus drivers, now the Oculus center says it can't see the Rift attached to an hdmi port!
I tried various combinations, with the aforementioned DVI-HDMI  adapter, with a DP-DVI adapter, and directly to the HDMI port.
I used my main 4k television attached via the HDMI port or the DVI-HDMI adapter, then unplugged it and tried with a spare 20" DVI monitor, to no avail.
I have an MSI GTX1070, an ASRock Z170 mainboard, an i7 6700, 16GB of DDR4-3000 and a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. Latest Win 10 freshly installed.
I've attached a log file.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm really sorry about that. I checked the logs but I don't see anything obvious. Please submit a ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Crespo80
Explorer
ok, thanks cyber