cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

jef32 said:

I've changed my computer date and it works. Is the fix will be automaticly downloaded when it will be on line or must I download a file manually ?

Don't know yet and I wouldn't mess with your system date even if it temporarily fixes it.

LinusOnTheGo
Protege

jef32 said:

I've changed my computer date and it works. Is the fix will be automaticly downloaded when it will be on line or must I download a file manually ?

No, you will ruin your Windows Update Service and other installed applications on your PC if you play around with the date module in Windows. So don't.

Time4Laughter
Explorer
Anybody know anything about connecting domain names to web pages??? 😄  Yes, I'm bored outta my tiny..... Off to bed now.. 😮

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Please move all chatter to this thread

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62722/non-official-oculus-downtime-venting-and-mayh...

Let's leave this one clear for updates so people can find them

songnar
Explorer

Aliantha said:

Please move all chatter to this thread

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62722/non-official-oculus-downtime-venting-and-mayh...

Let's leave this one clear for updates so people can find them

It's worth mentioning that any updates will probably be added to the original post at page 1, position 1.
Come visit me over al MultiballGaming.com for reviews, news and mild entertainment.

earwaxntoast
Explorer
Last time I tried to play my rift, there was some issue with the Windows Creators update that forced me to completely run through Oculus Home installation and reset up my system. Now this, which will almost certainly require the same thing since the DLL in question is required by the service which auto updates. I've been a champion of Rift since launch, and despite the Vive being very close in specs, in my mind, the Rift was the better buy. I'm starting to think that's no longer the case. I think I'm going to go grab myself a Vive today. 

Malekiah
Honored Guest
It is not working in Spain. Still waiting for a solutionnnnn  😕 😕 😕

cap-18-2-2017
Explorer

I gladly participate in the off-topic conversations when this is fixed and I don't need to work overtime due to this.

Would you like some cheese with that wine ...
Theres no trolling going on its just light harted banter smile and be happy ..and if not come fined me in the vr world and we can have a shoot out

P.s moving now

Bluecheez
Explorer

hello seems to be ok in Belgium... without changing intrnal clock . 
regards ..

My Rift went down this morning at +/- 7h30 GMT-5, If the certificate expired date follow the jetstream, you still have few minutes ! Otherwise down close the OculusClient.exe or reboot your PC ! 

CrossXboneS
Honored Guest

Aliantha said:

Omg I bought Oculus Rift yesterday. You must be kidding me? INSTANT RETURN, what a joke.

Don’t return it, this is not a big deal.  The system is great,  You are just experiencing really bad timing.

He is right. I have had mine since January with zero issues. This will pass. I wouldn't return it. You will only deprive yourself.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?