cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

Richooal
Consultant

Democrzy said:

hope I get part of the credit, I can't even install oculus so I'm rift less till you guys fix the updater.

Have you tried the patch yet?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Democrzy Please see this thread for help updating Oculus.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62835/patch-for-can-t-reach-oculus-runtime-service-...

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion

Can someone tell me how to apply the credit to the price of a game

If you click to buy a game, it should show you the credit that will be applied before completing the purchase.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi guys.. this is not a complaint and i do not feel oculus should be compelled to do this but....................
Have you considered rolling out the credit to vive users who used the oculus home (for store bought titles ) over the same period?
It may be a case of a small outlay now could net a long term income of new customers.
I know a few vive users who actually buy as much oculus content as I do, and the only thing putting them - and others - off buying more is the fear that the support for their hmd will go away.

the credit if given to them may not only encourage more sales from them but also send a message their they are safe buying from you and may ultimately get you more customers coming over from steam.

just a thought and not a whine in any way.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Richooal
Consultant

Hi guys.. this is not a complaint and i do not feel oculus should be compelled to do this but....................
Have you considered rolling out the credit to vive users who used the oculus home (for store bought titles ) over the same period?
It may be a case of a small outlay now could net a long term income of new customers.
I know a few vive users who actually buy as much oculus content as I do, and the only thing putting them - and others - off buying more is the fear that the support for their hmd will go away.

the credit if given to them may not only encourage more sales from them but also send a message their they are safe buying from you and may ultimately get you more customers coming over from steam.

just a thought and not a whine in any way.

The compensation was for not being able to use the Rift whilst the Security Certificate was out of date. I wasn't aware that it also took all the Vive headsets with it.
(but good luck with that one bigmike20vt)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Richooal said:

The compensation was for not being able to use the Rift whilst the Security Certificate was out of date. I wasn't aware that it also took all the Vive headsets with it.

technically it wont affect me either way.... I genuinely think it would help promote oculus store is all....  i must admit i thought vive users were unable to access oculus titles as well.. if i am wrong however i stand corrected.

(it was a vive user who stated that they were unable to access their oculus titles which got me thinking)

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

MrKaru
Adventurer

Richooal said:

technically it wont affect me either way.... I genuinely think it would help promote oculus store is all....  i must admit i thought vive users were unable to access oculus titles as well.. if i am wrong however i stand corrected.

(it was a vive user who stated that they were unable to access their oculus titles which got me thinking)

Since the vive isn't officially supported, I really don't see that happening. 
It's why I won't touch things like Fallout 4 VR. Since the Oculus isn't officially supported, it could just lock you out forever one day, no apologies, no compensation, no refunds. 

gpcustom
Explorer
Seems that since the fix there is always a once in a while error in connection within the game of Elite. Launching to either solo or open seems to create an connection error message that is becoming rather irritating since Elites and OCULUS updates. Not sure where this blame lands but its getting a bit irritating on the user side of these products.

MrKaru
Adventurer

gpcustom said:

Seems that since the fix there is always a once in a while error in connection within the game of Elite. Launching to either solo or open seems to create an connection error message that is becoming rather irritating since Elites and OCULUS updates. Not sure where this blame lands but its getting a bit irritating on the user side of these products.

I'm right there with you with this. I've played thousands of hours of Elite on Steam, almost never had a problem.

I think the blame has to lie with both, but mostly Frontier here. Their determination to use a Launcher seems to be the main problem. If they integrated account verification in the game itself, rather than using a launcher, it would be a lot simpler. 

gpcustom
Explorer
Happy thoughts MrKaru.  Just enjoyed a little ED time in the morning and now I have no access again. The blessing here is that I can vote with my pocket book being a happy retired kind of guy!
Im not concerned about who is to blame as so much getting use of a product I paid for.
Now if OCULUS wants a customer they can take this problem seriously. If they don't, then don't sell a product that cannot be accessed with their product. I don't know if VIVE is better but Im headed over to the site and look at an option if it has reliability on its side.
Now if someone knows a simple real repair please share. If its simpler and cheaper than replacing this product I am all ears 😄
I just think this off and on again availability for accessing the products supported here is just getting ridiculus!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?