cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Sensor USB Won't Connect

TsunamiNexus
Honored Guest
I've had my oculus rift for a very long time, but I haven't been able to use it. When it first came, I had enough trouble setting it up. I think it was a month before I got it working. But now this happened and it's taunting me all over again. It's been so long since I've tried to use it that the box was almost completely gray with dust. This is because the sensor will not connect. It senses the headset just fine, but I will not detect my sensors. I've tried every 3.0 and 2.0 port I have on my computer as well. It detected them before though, and my drivers are up to date, so I just don't get why this won't work now. No matter what 
I do, the little circle just spins eternally. What makes it even worse is that the day this happened, was also the day that my third sensor and touch controllers arrived, which I've always wanted to use so desperately. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a fix, they would leave it below.
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's possible the sensor is just non-functional. If that is the case, we can send you a replacement. Please submit a support ticket here. We'll have to do some troubleshooting to determine the problem, but we should be able to help in any case. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TsunamiNexus
Honored Guest

It's possible the sensor is just non-functional. If that is the case, we can send you a replacement. Please submit a support ticket here. We'll have to do some troubleshooting to determine the problem, but we should be able to help in any case. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/

I wish this was the case, but I've tried 4 different sensors. I thought that was the problem originally, so I ordered another one. It still doesn't see it.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you reinstalled the Oculus software already? I had this problem before and that fixed it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TsunamiNexus
Honored Guest
I just tried it. Nothing happened.

TsunamiNexus
Honored Guest
Could it be that I am using windows 10?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you post your LogGatherer log file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
I am thinking it's a USB driver issue. Sometimes the latest drivers are not best and Microsoft default will work better. Or if you have an Asmedia controller (common on Asus motherboards) there is a specific driver you need.

TsunamiNexus
Honored Guest
Alright, here is the log file

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's the other file that I need, the one created by LogGatherer.

TsunamiNexus
Honored Guest
I appreciate your patience. I know that this must be annoying for you as it's quite clear that I have no idea what I'm doing. But every time I try to open the file named OculusLogGatherer, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, it says "File is not allowed". I've tried everything I can think of. Every time I drag it into the box it just says the same thing.