cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup "Restart Computer, installation failed" issue, cant install.

Skikopl
Level 2

When I try to install Oculus Setup on my clean Windows 11 PC, it comes to the end of the installation but then says restart computer and says the installation failed. I tried alot of things like disabling firewall & antivirus, giving permission in regedit,unplugging everything, etc.

Nothing worked. I saw the setup logs and it says

"[Error] [05.10.2021 14:56:24] Process D:\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code -1 (failure)."

Support told me to email them and they are taking too long. Somebody help please.

6 REPLIES 6

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Skikopl, thanks for reaching out. We understand the inconvenience caused by not being able to download the Oculus app and we want to make sure that you can get back to gaming ASAP! 

We appreciate that you have already taken some troubleshooting steps and have also contacted our Support Team with your logs. We are reviewing them and will be getting back to you with an update via email as quickly as possible! 

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work on troubleshooting this issue with you. Cheers! 

It lucky worked somehow 🙂

Nasp11
Level 2

what did you do to fix this i am having exact same issue but i cannot get lucky with it. also its kind of odd that facebook does not have software 100% ready when everyone else is.

Nasp11
Level 2

oculus has not been very helpful

I have messed with some compatibility settings and oddly enough it worked for me.

can you please outline specifically what you did