cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software Won't Update

xDivisible
Explorer
Hello Oculus Support team and others. My software will not download for update 1.34. It says pending, but will never actually update. At the top of my home screen it says, "Sorry, we're having trouble updating Oculus. Please make sure you have at least 12.00 GB of disk space free, or visit Oculus Support to get help." I have over 30 GB on my C drive, but it won't download. I have tried running the Setup and choosing Repair about 4 times, and nothing has happened to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

xDivisible
Explorer
Revision: I have over 40 GB of space on my C drive.

Shiraishi-
Honored Guest
I'm in the same boat I've uninstalled and tried repair tons of times with enough space on all my drives, hopefully they have a fix for this.

EDIT: Sign out of your oculus account and log back in and it will fix the problem apparently.

Anonymous
Not applicable
same here

xDivisible
Explorer
Where do I sign out from the app?
Edit: I found it

xDivisible
Explorer
Does the Oculus have to be plugged in to update the software?

spacecat1981
Honored Guest
I finally got it to update by turning on the beta (which I thought was already on)

daniel.hess.7568
Explorer
I'm getting a message to update the Oculus app, and it gives me an "Update Now" link that takes me to the update page that has nothing on it. My device page says my quest is connected but the app needs updating. I've gone into the about page in my Quest and it says my software there is up to date. I've tried uninstalling the app, downloading what I assume is the latest version from their page and re-installing, but that didn't work either. I've tried logging out and logging back in, restarting my Quest, and Rebooting my computer. Nothing worked.

MrBMT
Expert Protege

I'm getting a message to update the Oculus app, and it gives me an "Update Now" link that takes me to the update page that has nothing on it. My device page says my quest is connected but the app needs updating. I've gone into the about page in my Quest and it says my software there is up to date. I've tried uninstalling the app, downloading what I assume is the latest version from their page and re-installing, but that didn't work either. I've tried logging out and logging back in, restarting my Quest, and Rebooting my computer. Nothing worked.

Based on what you've said there, it sounds like your Quest has already updated to v13, but your PC Software is still on v12 and Oculus haven't rolled out the v13 PC software for you yet.
You could try opting in to the Beta software updates, under Settings -> Beta (there should be an Enable PTC option or something along those lines, I forget the exact wording) however the v14 software currently available via the PTC definitely seems to have issues currently. One of them can be worked around, but some people are also reporting it just showing a black screen when you enable link then kicking you back to the Oculus Quest home screen after a few seconds.
Either way, at worst opting in to the PTC just won't work and you can turn it off again after, so it's worth a try.
Otherwise, you'll just have to wait until whenever Oculus decide to roll out the v13 PC software for you.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

Musty_Cooter
Honored Guest
I have the exact same issue. I have the red bar at the top of my Oculus software that says "An updated version of Oculus app is required. Update now." When I click on "Update now", It just goes to the update page and does nothing.

My Quest is on v13 but my Oculus software is on v12. However, when I look at the update history, it says that it was upgrade to v13 but that's not the case. I did try some advice from Reddit to toggle the PTC which put me on v14 which didn't help because I still could not use Oculus Link because of the mismatch versions. I toggled the switch back and it put me back on v12.

Before anyone asks, I have more than 100GB of free drive space. I've restarted the PC several times. I've ran repair on the Oculus software. I've signed out and signed back in. The issue remains. This is very frustrating.

zy3t3ylqs6yg.jpg