cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software doesn't recognize windows 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i tried install and tell me i need update my windows, i have 8.1 64 bits. I installed en my notebook with the same windows (installed from the same source) and no problem. I don't know what happened!
7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may have to run Windows Update first and make sure you have all the updates.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have to run Windows Update first and make sure you have all the updates.

Windows Updated full and still give me the update thing. This part of the log details the problem.
Error] [3/28/2016 7:40:42 PM] Exception reading OS version.
System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure 
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<OfTypeIterator>d__1`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Dawn.Preflight.OsVersionCheck.GetOsVersion()
b1iwcqsydn5t.jpg

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
Did you disable the Windows service "Windows Management Instrumentation" or others? Do you get any error when you go to "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Services and Applications" and right-click on "WMI Control" and select "Properties"? You should see some system info there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you disable the Windows service "Windows Management Instrumentation" or others? Do you get any error when you go to "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Services and Applications" and right-click on "WMI Control" and select "Properties"? You should see some system info there.

0t5d2q1wqo4a.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, i upgrade to windows 10 and says the same thing, i need made a fresh install.!!!

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
I think a clean installation of Windows 10 would be the best, seems like there's something wrong deep inside your OS installation.

Lillyslim
Sightseer
Hi I have the same problème. Did you find any solution?