cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software "encountered error during installation"

Sebewe
Level 3

I have tried downloading the software to link my oculus quest 2 to my pc. Originally i had a 1060 3gb and it didnt install because it wasn't compatible. But now I am running with both a 3060 12gb and a 1060 3gb and it still wont install. Does anyone know if the issue is caused because I have both of the GPU's even though one of them is compatible? I have tried disabling all firewall/antivirus on my computer. My drivers are up to date, and I've restarted a handful of times with no luck. I have the Oculus Setup logs but I'm not sure how to link it to this post. It says the file type .log is not supported and I tried changing it to .txt and its not supported their either. I tried uploading it to pastebin and its too big for that. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I read somewhere else that using two monitors caused problems installing the software so I unplugged my second monitor and my webcam and it was able to install. please try this if you are running into the same issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sebewe
Level 3

Forgot to mention. when i download it gets to the install and is just about to finish, but then the screen changes to "Restart Computer

Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running Oculus setup again. If you still experience issues, contact Oculus support"

I read somewhere else that using two monitors caused problems installing the software so I unplugged my second monitor and my webcam and it was able to install. please try this if you are running into the same issue.

View solution in original post