cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software won´t start anymore (Rift S)

JC-McNeil
Honored Guest

I pluged out my old Rift and pluged in the Rift S. Then I open the Oculus Software and they detected the new Rift S and starts the Setup. The Sofware says I need a Firmware update. After the update the Software starts and closed many times. Now the Software dont start anymore with the Error

We´re Having Trouble Starting Oculus

Your Oculus Software my be updating. Please wait a Minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Suport

I reboot my PC, repair and reinstall the Software. Nothing helps. What can I do now?

11 REPLIES 11

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Any anti-virus programs running in the background mate ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JC-McNeil
Honored Guest
Avira Antivirus

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try disabling and run again
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JC-McNeil
Honored Guest
don´t work

WhQzZ
Honored Guest
Hi, I have the exactly same error and I haven't an antivirus. Maybe a problem with the Firmware Update ?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Contact support guys

WhQzZ
Honored Guest
After looking OculusSetup.log file, I found this error :

[Debug] [21/05/2019 17:48:41] Finished network-blocked initialisation.
[Warning] [21/05/2019 17:48:45] Error submitting Marauder packet:
System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: Une tâche a été annulée.
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   à Daybreak.Net.Networker.<PostJson>d__9.MoveNext()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   à Daybreak.Net.MarauderClient.<UploadMarauderPacket>d__20.MoveNext()
[Debug] [21/05/2019 17:48:45] Removing working directory.
[Warning] [21/05/2019 17:48:45] Exception deleting 'C:\Users\Clément\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-25f54dd3-e187-440f-ab64-b0f549e0c237':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'libeay32.dll' est refusé.
   à System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
   à System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   à Dawn.Mixins.ReallyDeleteDirectory(String path)
[Debug] [21/05/2019 17:48:45] Scheduling delete of 'C:\Users\Clément\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-25f54dd3-e187-440f-ab64-b0f549e0c237' on next reboot.
[Debug] [21/05/2019 17:48:45] Removing downloads directory.
[Debug] [21/05/2019 17:48:45] Exiting with code 0.

Maybe understandable for someone...

JC-McNeil
Honored Guest
OK, I plug out the Rift S and I can open the Software, but when I plug in again, the Software close and open again. I hope the Issue cames not from the Rift S.

BoDuke
Honored Guest
Im stuck too all i get is 3 dots in the Oculus Rift screen flashing after firmware update and it wouldn't detect sensors after the update too.

10mins with rift s.... have i broken it?