cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software won't start

STREETBLAZER
Explorer
I've reinstalled it twice, disabled antivirus, and I've downloaded the patch. It appears to download and even run the installation fine, but every time I try to run the program itself, a small, black window with the oculus logo appears with a load wheel that persists endlessly.  And to clarify, this does not appear to be the wide spread "Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service" bug. I'm on windows 10.

Please help

13 REPLIES 13

PaladinII
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem.   I did not use Oculus for a couple of months.  When I tried it told me I needed update. Downloaded the patch, now when launched it goes into the endless load wheel.   Help!

STREETBLAZER
Explorer
Ok so I got it working after the 3rd install. The only thing I did differently was designate future app downloads to my secondary SSD with 400+ GB free, as opposed to the system's C drive with only 100 or so GB's available.  After letting it sit overnight after the installation finished it appears to be working now. Just have to be patient with it I suppose....

65Ang
Honored Guest
Try the reset of the network (in win 10). It works for me.

john_tyler
Honored Guest
The only thing that worked for me was to follow StreetBlazer's fix - I uninstalled the Oculus app and then reinstalled and designated that future apps should be installed on a different drive other than my main c: drive where the main Oculus app was installed. That worked. My main drive and the other drive were both SSDs with about 100 GB free on each prior to install. The main drive was an M.2 SSD. 

Jumbocat
Explorer
SOLUTION! If you are getting the error "Your Oculus software might be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support." This is how you fix it, you may have to repeat this every time you restart or start up your computer.

Step one: right-click your toolbar and select "task manager."
Step two: select the very right tab or select the "services" tab
Step three: scroll down until you find "OVRService" right-click and click start

Finished, now try opening Oculus and all should be well! 

Jumbocat
Explorer
SOLUTION! If you are getting the error "Your Oculus software might be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support." This is how you fix it, you may have to repeat this every time you restart or start up your computer.

Finished, now try opening oculus and all should be well! 

knighthonor
Honored Guest

XEcksDeeD said:

this not working for me. it no longer does that error when I do it that way but i get that constant circling black box with the oculus icon in the middle. 
https://imgur.com/6NUfkUf
its not working. when I use the shortcut it gets that error again

solenstice
Honored Guest
Same problem.... Installation OK ! OVRService Ok !  get that constant circling black box with the oculus icon in the middlethis not working for me to. HELP ME. Please 

zatch_the_egg
Honored Guest

this not working for me. it no longer does that error when I do it that way but i get that constant circling black box with the oculus icon in the middle. 
https://imgur.com/6NUfkUf
its not working. when I use the shortcut it gets that error again

XEcksDeeD said:

Did anyone ever figure it out. Im here in 2019 and im starting to feel hopless i literally tried everything and the oculus app will never stop loading