cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Support Sucks

yuyu3
Level 2

My experience with Oculus Support has been a **bleep**ing nightmare. I had a black screen issue and spoke with someone on Oculus chat on 10/17/21. They transfered the chat to an email thread and asked me for my shipping info to send in my oculus for evaluation. I followed their instructions and sent in my device. I got the box returned to me last friday 11/19/21 and when i opened it, the headset was missing. I've been trying to reach someone to figure out what the actual **bleep** is going on because I am PISSED right now that no one is giving me a straight answer and just saying they are working on it but don't have answers. This company is a scam, there are no real people who actually work here and can actually communicate with their customers in a professional matter. IF YOU ARE A NEW BUYER, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM BECAUSE ANY MAINTENANCE/TECHNICAL SUPPORT DOES NOT EXIST. 

3 REPLIES 3

73Stace
Level 4

I hear exactly where you are coming from only my. Experience has has now been going on for 8 weeks now and I send them a message every day and that can't tell me anything. I also called if a scam and I have been telling as many people on as many forums as I can that this entire company is a shamble..

My quest 2 was faulty from day 1. It took. Me 3 weeks to get a prepaid postage label and once they received my broken quest 2 it has now been another 4 weeks and I have heard nothing. 

Unless you can buy this from a bricks and mortar store where you can take it back if. It's broken than don't bother with this company. It is a scam, and they don't know how to run a company. 

This has by far been the worst customer experience I have ever had. All the support at oculus can do is cut and past scripted apolligeies and every time I talk to them they say wait 3 to 5 business days.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE AND IF YOU HAVE TO THEN BUY IT FROM A STORE YOU CAN RETURN IT TO. 

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there. We hate to hear your experience has been less than exceptional and we'd like to be given the opportunity to turn that around. We encourage you to send us a private message with your ticket number, where we can dive into this issue further. Please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Rest assured, we'll get this taken care of. We look forward to hearing from you. 

The sad thing about your reply is that by responding with your scripted apology (and trust me,  I  know all of the scripted apoloiges now because I have been in contact with oculus support on an average of 5 days a week now for the past 8 weeks)  is that you can't and wont do anything about this because oculus support has absolutist nothing to do with returns from what I can gather.  My dispute has been going on for the past 8 weeks and I have come to the conclusion that this is a scam and there is nothing I can do about it except to warn other people of what this company is about.  I paid for a brand new Quest 2 which was faulty and it took 3 weeks for support to send a prepaid postage label.  Now it has been long enough since they have had my returned unit but wont send a replacement.  THIS IS A SCAM.  Or at least this is a company that should not be operating. 

I can't even find a way to send a legal letter to hold someone accountable for this.

I have tried to "reach out to you" and IU probably have around 100 tickets in the system but nothing has happened.  Just a warning to anyone thinking of getting one of these of what you may potentially have to deal with if you receive a  faulty unit and have to have it replaced or repaired.

DON'T DO IT